Review Corsair Darkstar Review: Why are all these buttons wrong?

Jun 16, 2023
My first high-quality gaming mouse was the Corsair Vengeance M90. Sadly that mouse didn't come without its problems for me and I had to RMA it three times. For the third time, in November 2013, Corsair gave me the M95 instead. Since that day I've been using the same M95 which, at this point, is barely hanging on. Since certain buttons have started to wear out and become less responsive I have been looking at another mouse for the last 2 years. I've tried the Razer Naga and Corsair Scimitar but returned both since the massive wall of side keys gave me no place to rest my thumb. After every mouse I've tried I kept coming back to my old M95. I'm really excited to see Corsair has finally released a mouse that will suit my needs because there don't seem to be any others like it out there. And yes, I'm NOT excited about the enormous price tag I hope it will last me as long as my faithful M95.

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
I don't know what happened at Corsair, but I guess venture capital, because they used to have some kick ass computer engineers and electrical engineers that had anything you'd want on the hardware, no software needed, like per-key programmable lighting on their mechanical keyboards, and I appreciated that for cross-operating system use, as well as honestly security, no software needed.

That little side note aside, if this mouse could save the macros without software, I'd be all for it, but with their newer stuff (2019 and newer? I think) it's just hit or miss with their hardware profiles.

eichwana

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2015
My favourite mouse of all time was the Madcatz mmo7, and that had a unique button layout. It was also easier to pick up than any of the mice with the grid or buttons, a button layout I am not fond of at all.

I feel like this could be a new favourite if it feels right in my tiny hands and if it lasts more than the minimum warranty period - which a lot of mice nowadays don’t.

For comparison I’ve also used the Logitech G502, the Roccat Tyon and the Drakonia Black. The Tyon is now my home pc mouse, the G502 is now my work mouse and the Drakonia is now my wife’s work mouse.

But £170…

Edit: I used to work in a shop selling computer bits, and tested pretty much all of the mainstream high end mice from 8-10 years ago - the naga, orochi, m65, all the rats, etc. I always returned to the mmo7 until it gave up the ghost and was discontinued

TRENDING THREADS