Question Corsair Dominator 3200 won't run XMP at 3200

conurafx

Reputable
Mar 20, 2019
Hey all,

I have an Aurus Pro motherboard using the ram in the title, alongside a stock 9700k. For some reason, when I enable XMP Profile one it causes my system to crash. To get around this, I have set the system memory multiplier setting to 2800mhz, at which the system seems entirely stable. Honestly I don't really care about the extra 400mhz as for me I can't tell a different, but my question is, will enabling XMP Profile 1 and leaving everthing to auto, but lowering the system memory multiplier manually cause any problems?

Thanks

EDIT: So I watched some videos and decided to try it manually and now for some reason it is stable. All i did was this:

Memory frequency to 3200mhz
Timings as per the numbers on the chip (16-18-18-36)
Voltage at 1.35

I have no interest in OCing my CPU or the ram further, I'd just like it running as the normal speed. Is this all I need to change, am I missing anything?

Thanks

Last edited:

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
alternatively, if there is a BIOS update available that could fix the XMP issue.
But manually entering the speed, timings, and voltage is a perfectly fine method.

If manually entering things doesn't work and you stability issues at 3200MHz, then perhaps it is definitely in need of a BIOS update.