Corsair Dominator platinum not running on Ryzen System

May 25, 2018
So I bought some second hand Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM 16GB (CMD16GX4M2B3000C15). The seller has told me there was no issues when running it in their system, but since I've installed it in mine I can't seem to get it to run stable. I think it may be a windows issue but not ruling out that maybe the RAM is either faulty or incompatible with my system. My system specs;

Mobo - MSI B350 PC MATE
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU - GTX 1060 6GB
Current RAM - 8GB Kingston HYPER-X Fury
1x 250GB WD SSD
1x 1TB WD HDD

I've tried a number of things but can't seem to root out the problem, when I put in my original RAM I have no issues, once the dominator RAM is installed I get two errors from windows;
1. KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
2. VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

May 25, 2018
BIOS is updated to the most recent which I believe was released last month, I haven't actually tried running one stick at a time, as for the dual channel setup it's been done exactly the same as the original RAM which is what the manual suggests. Also, yes I'm not mixing and matching it, when it's running it either has the dominator set or hyper-x set, I'll see how it runs one stick at a time.

ryzen is picky about ram; not all DDR4 is compatible.

Look at the ram QVL support list for your motherboard.
It lists ram that has been tested and is supported.

Or, go to the corsair site and access their ram selection app.
Enter your motherboard and you will get a list of supported kits.

May 25, 2018
hmmm, I haven't tried turning off the docp, but the clock speeds are funny, at default it will run at 2133MHz but struggles in windows, but if I OC it to say 2800MHz or 2933MHz it will run slightly stabler, I've fiddled around with voltages and stuff also to see if I can get it to sit but it still will still bsod eventually. As for the actual compatibility with the board, some places are saying yes others not sure, I also built it on PC part picker and it said there should all be compatible. I also noticed when I boot into windows (if it manages to) that if I open up the performance monitor and check the RAM it says 12GB available whereas (obviously) there's 16GB in BIOS.....

May 25, 2018
I think, after pulling an all nighter and going over every test and config I can think of, I think it's just faulty RAM, I can't see any other reason it would be doing what it's doing and one stick wouldn't get past the BIOS screen. I appreciate everyone's ideas and suggestions though :) it is a shame though :(