Corsair Dominator SDRAM DDR3, Worth it?

It's excellent RAM (I have 12 gigs of it), but it is not a good deal if all you are looking for is cheap performance. It's up to you whether the build quality and excellent overclockability is worth the extra money. I love it, personally, but it isn't worth it for everyone.

The Corsair RAM is amazing quality, and I personally am glad I got it. There is a lot of other good RAM out there though, so as I said, it is up to you if you want to spend that much.

That having been said, I'm completely sold on the quality of Corsair's Dominator line of products. It is excellent RAM in every way, and if you are willing to pay the premium, I highly recommend it. Also, this obviously isn't guaranteed, but my set of that RAM runs all day long at lower than stock voltage (1.60V) at 1600 MHz at tighter than stock timings (7-8-7-22), so it really is rated rather conservatively when they say it will do 1600MHz 8-8-8-24 at 1.65V.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

Better deal:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226030

This stuff was the top value in Tom's Hardware's recent 6GB shootout: Similar capability to Corsair's 1800 and far cheaper.