Corsair Enters the Case Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

StupidRabbit

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Alternatively the two bottom drive mounts could be used for mirrored data storage on two 2 GB SATA drives, for example, while the removable trays could be used for data and multiple operating system capability.

2GB? i guess customers would have to choose whether they want to backup half of their Dark Knight DVD or business documents :D

A Stoner

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Looks good.

Did I miss the part where it said what material it is made from? I hope it is high quality aluminum. Steel = too heavy while alot of plastic = too flimsy and not alot of EM protection from other components/computers stacked next to it.

mickey21

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
They mentioned it would be lightweight so that only points to aluminum or aluminum composite of some sort. I like the case design and it seems to have a bit of thought to it. Hope they dont kill it off in the pricing area, but we'll see.

RiotSniperX

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
Is it a mid or full tower?

I cant tell from the picture because its against a black wall.
If it was full tower i might look into it, might replace the Antec 1200 im getting, but we'll see.

Wow, looks like there are three (3) vented opens on the TOP of the case. I wonder if you'll be able to attach three 90mm case fans then?

That separator between the PSU and the rest of the case may keep it from heating up your GPU, etc. However, how much is it going to restrict cool air from getting TO your PSU?

Hard to see, but it looks like there's a 90/120mm fan installed on that separator, right near the front drive bays. Wonder if that's supposed to blow air down into your PSU? Or up away from the PSU?

TheZander

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
I actually read on another press release that Corsair has said the case will be heavy. I don't know where this lightweight thing came from. The main part of the case is steel with an aluminum front. Of course I would like to see it be all aluminum, especially since Corsair has hinted at a $250-$300 price tag. If it's going to retail that high, it had better be all aluminum.

TheZander

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Hmmm.... I just read another brief on it that says it's made out of aluminum. I hope so. Steel is so heavy on a full-tower case.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Did anyone notice the little "cut-out" where the CPU/HS-Fan would mount on the motherboard? this is a nice little touch, makes it so that if using a bracket for HS-Fan, you wont have to completely remove the Motherboard... just open the right side of the case and it's exposed... I like it! Looks like a great case.

G

From the looks of it, airflow doesn't seem like it will be an issue. It looks like it pulls cool air from the open area at the bottom to cool the interior. I would like to see more pix of this case and maybe get hands-on with it sometime. I'm also not a fan (no pun intended) on top blowholes which yes it does look like there would be room for 3x 80mm or 92mm fans there.

morrie

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Would love to see this as an all aluminium case. From other pics I have seen this would easily accomodate a further 120mm exhaust fan on the back.
If removing the hot swap drive bays would make this cheaper I would have no qualms. The air intake looks a little restricted would be great to see a fan mount behind the hard drives drawing air from some venting on the side of the front bezel.

Status
Not open for further replies.