News Corsair Execs Expect 'Surge' Of New PC Builds As GPU Prices Stabilize

InvalidError

Titan
I expect PC sales to continue their steady downward trend from non-covid days now that almost everyone who needed a new computer for WFH already got one. Lots of people also upgraded their PCs using covid aid money and other emergency funding that isn't coming anymore.

bpdski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
"Stabilize" is a relative term. Even though prices are coming back near MSRP, the MSRP price of graphics cards is still grossly inflated. Six or so years ago the GTX 960, 970 and 980 launched at $199, $329, $549 respectively. New 3060, 3070 and 3080s are double that at least. Hopefully Intel getting in the game will help drive MSRPs back down where they should be.

Do they actually believe this or are they just trying to convince the shareholders and stock market?

Given what’s happening to most 1st world economies at the moment I would expect discretionary spending to significantly reduce. There also seemed to be a lot of people on here that upgraded the rest of their system while waiting for gpu prices to come down so. If that reflects any significant % of builders then that’s a portion that won’t be upgrading the rest of their system.

peachpuff

Reputable
Apr 6, 2021
Do they actually believe this or are they just trying to convince the shareholders and stock market?
Its like the cnn+ projections, we'll make a billion dollars in 8 years... but shuts down a month after launch 🙄

Screen_Shot_2022_04_26_at_4.10.41_PM.png

bpdski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Yep, I'm one of those people that has upgraded everything except their GPU. I'm using a 980 Ti that a friend gave me until prices (hopefully) come back down to where they should be. Let's hope having some competition from Intel will break the AMD/Nvidia monopoly.

Peripherals firm predicts outbreak of PC building even as financial report makes for sobering reading

Corsair Execs Expect 'Surge' Of New PC Builds As GPU Prices Stabilize : Read more

Translates as "We aren't selling PSU's and fancy over priced RGB stuff because no one can afford to build a new PC. But not GPUs are affordable we think you should buy our stock again as we will be selling a lot more overpriced RGB stuff."

Things I bought Corsair:
Keyboards (I like logitechs better)
Mice (Again I like logitech's better, except the corsair M65 Pro mouse for sniping in FPS)
PSUs

EVGA, and Rosewill keyboards mostly match Corsair's offerings for less money.

That said I do think the PSU line starting with the CX-M and CX and up are worth the price.

Last edited: