Question Corsair Force MP600 M.2 Drive not showing up in Windows, but visible in BIOS after restart ?

Mar 24, 2021
Hello!

I've been encountering a strange issue with my m.2 drive. It is a Corsair Force MP600 1TB. It is a relatively new device, I got it a few months ago. However recently I have been encountering an issue where after rebooting my system, my m.2 is not showing up under my list of drives on windows. Restarting my computer and going into my bios screen will show that it is being detected by my motherboard, but when I do a self-test it will fail.

That being said, sometimes when I reboot it WILL show up and be usable (it currently is while writing this), and seems to show up when I turn on RAID mode. That being said I am concerned this will turn into a big problem down the line. Is it possible my drive is starting to fail on me already? Could it be the m.2 slot going bad? Or is it some kind of driver/bios issue?

Here are the rest of my specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3070
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4
Storage: Team L5 LITE 3D 1 TB SATA SSD
Corsair Force Series MP600 1TB M.2
PSU: EVGA G3 650w 80+ Gold

Mar 24, 2021
Just wanted to update this post here.
I contacted Corsair about this and they initially came to the conclusion that it was the NVME drive that was malfunctioning. They agreed to send me a new one and it came and I installed it. The drive was instantly recognized by my PC and I was able to format and use it right away.

However... About a week later, the problem returned. The drive will randomly not show up in either windows or the bios, though as I write this post it is visible and usable. This is starting to frustrate me a bit. Is the issue the mother board? Or is it something with windows at this point? Did I format the drive incorrectly perhaps?

I really could use some advice on what to do here because I am running out of options.

TRENDING THREADS