Review Corsair Force MP600 M.2 NVMe SSD Review: Stealthy PCIe 4.0 Speed

dan_L

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
I'm kind of wondering why the article didn't include the most comparable NVMe drive, the Gigabyte Aorus? It would seem to make sense to see how the two compare.

I got the 1 TB Aorus a few weeks ago and it does, indeed, top 5,000 MBps sequential reads and close to 5,000 for sequential writes (using CrystalMark). I can report that this speed definitely makes one's computer a lot peppier than, say, the Samsung 970 EVO it replaced, espepcially when doing intensive desktop publishing and copying files of just about any size. The price of the Aorus does come down to $210 at Micro Center and newegg.com from time to time.

seanwebster

Contributing Writer
Editor
Aug 30, 2018
I'm kind of wondering why the article didn't include the most comparable NVMe drive, the Gigabyte Aorus? It would seem to make sense to see how the two compare.

I got the 1 TB Aorus a few weeks ago and it does, indeed, top 5,000 MBps sequential reads and close to 5,000 for sequential writes (using CrystalMark). I can report that this speed definitely makes one's computer a lot peppier than, say, the Samsung 970 EVO it replaced, espepcially when doing intensive desktop publishing and copying files of just about any size. The price of the Aorus does come down to $210 at Micro Center and newegg.com from time to time.
I do not have access to one. Besides, its the same exact drive with a different heatsink. The performance is the same.

Reactions: mrnelson

mrnelson

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2007
Since we’re all so interested in NVMe speeds with Ryzen 3000, could you publish a few benchmarks with these drives running in a dual RAID 0 configuration? I‘m really curious how AMD’s implementation performs as I’m only familiar with Intel’s RST (this is in light of so many X570 motherboards having at least two M.2 slots).

Given the disparate pricing/sizing/performance of available NVMe drives, there may be low price performance sweet spots going two smaller/cheaper drives in RAID 0, no?

Last edited:

supremelaw

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
Last edited:

pdegan2814

Distinguished
May 29, 2014
I ended up getting one of these drives for my most recent PC build, a Ryzen 3xxx system. The performance is definitely there but what sold me was the endurance rating. Honestly, a simple SATA ssd is probably "enough" performance for my needs, what I want is a drive that'll last.