[SOLVED] Corsair Force Series MP510 m.2 not showing in Windows 10

Anookh1

Prominent
Feb 26, 2020
I went on my motherboard website (Asus prime b450) and downloaded the drivers and tools. It also downloaded AMD RAIDExpert2, and since then windows has not been showing my m.2. I even went ahead and tried to completely reinstall windows which did not help. It still says the name of the m.2 beneath my Kingston SSD in the bios in boot priority. However it does not show in my pc or even the "disk management" it only shows my 120gb kingston SSD (on which i have my windows) and a 1TB hard drive. How can i fix this? Im really freaking out right now. I'm scared maybe my m.2 has been corrupted.

Solution
Can you show screenshot from Device Manager with disk drives and storage controllers sections expanded?

Also screenshot from Control Panel\Storage Spaces

Nevermind, I saw this option for "NVME RAID MODE" in the BIOS, I enabled it and now it shows the m.2. Thankyou for your time, really appreciate it!
update the BIOS to its latest version

Is the M.2 SSD connected well and tightly into the socket and secured with a screw?
Don´t use the SATA ports 5 and 6 for other drives, as these won´t work with a M.2 drive installed and might be conflicting with the M.2.

Try checking the SSD with the corsair tool.

Is it the ASUS model B450-PLUS?

Restart windows

Did you set a RAID setup with the RAID expert tool?
uninstall the raid drivers and utility

reinstall the AMD chipset drivers from AMD.com

eventually use a windows restore point, right before you installed the drivers. Backup important data before.

which CPU are you using?

Last edited:

Anookh1

Prominent
Feb 26, 2020

Is the M.2 SSD connected well and tightly into the socket and secured with a screw?
Don´t use the SATA ports 5 and 6 for other drives, as these won´t work with a M.2 drive installed and might be conflicting with the M.2.

Restart windows

eventually use a windows restore point, right before you installed the drivers. Backup important data before.

which CPU are you using?

Yes the M.2 SSD is connected well adn tightly with a screw. I am using the SATA port 3 and 4. My motherbaord is the Asus Prime b450M-A. I have already uninstalled Raid drivers and utility. and reinstalled AMD chipset drivers. I am using an AMD Ryzen 3 2200g with an MSI RX570 8gb

Feb 28, 2020
I went on my motherboard website (Asus prime b450) and downloaded the drivers and tools. It also downloaded AMD RAIDExpert2, and since then windows has not been showing my m.2. I even went ahead and tried to completely reinstall windows which did not help. It still says the name of the m.2 beneath my Kingston SSD in the bios in boot priority. However it does not show in my pc or even the "disk management" it only shows my 120gb kingston SSD (on which i have my windows) and a 1TB hard drive. How can i fix this? Im really freaking out right now. I'm scared maybe my m.2 has been corrupted.

Try this:

Right Click over My PC icon >> Manage >> Disk Management

In there you will find the drive as "Unallocated". If so, just right click over it, and then "New Simple Volume".

Hope it helps you.

Anookh1

Prominent
Feb 26, 2020
Try this:

Right Click over My PC icon >> Manage >> Disk Management

In there you will find the drive as "Unallocated". If so, just right click over it, and then "New Simple Volume".

Hope it helps you.
That was the first thing i did, however disk management does not show the m.2 either. It does not show anywhere in the windows only in my bios under boot priority options

Anookh1

Prominent
Feb 26, 2020
What cpu are you using.
Depending on cpu used, M.2 may not be able to operate in nvme mode (your M.2 drive is nvme).
I have a ryzen 3 2200g. It worked fine, this issue only happened after downloading the “SATA” updated drivers from Asus prime b450m-a drivers official site. It happened after it downloaded AMD RaidXpert2 utility.

Anookh1

Prominent
Feb 26, 2020

Restart windows

which CPU are you using?
Is updating my BIOS the only way i can fix this? Im not really comfortable doing that. Dont want mess my pc up if something goes wrong.

Anookh1

Prominent
Feb 26, 2020

Restart windows

which CPU are you using?

Nevermind, I saw this option for "NVME RAID MODE" in the BIOS, I enabled it and now it shows the m.2. Thankyou for your time, really appreciate it!

Anookh1

Prominent
Feb 26, 2020
Can you show screenshot from Device Manager with disk drives and storage controllers sections expanded?

Also screenshot from Control Panel\Storage Spaces

Solution