Corsair Gaming K70 RGB Red Keyboard Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI, the K95 RGB does have the same screw into the side of the keyboard for the hand rest. I think they did it for the K95 due to it being longer for more strength.

I never noticed the weird coloring with the White until this review, then again I don't use white but currently have a MoS theme to it.

Can't be perfect but man the keyboard otherwise it pretty great.

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
Better late than never, Tom's. For anyone who wishes to buy the K70 RGB, buy the newer LUX versions as it has has a USB 3 pass through and additional keycaps for FPS and MOBA games, though it comes with textured space bar and the font of the key legends is different and larger. In addition to the regular cherry MX red, blue and green, Corsair now offers rapidfire switches.

jkteddy77

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Lux has better lighting controller in it, so it displays the REAL RGB spectrum, more than just 520 colors that the original did, and doesn't suffer the same flickering lights. Lux pretty much fixes all of the cons of the first keyboard, and it's $10 less!

CMac019

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Late review. But like everyone else said, buy the K70 RGB Lux to fix all the cons besides the white lights. And it comes in MX Blues!

They added 16.2 million colors to the original K70 and K95 RGB (it is an option in the CUE menu).

jkteddy77

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

The Lux has 16.9 million tho :p
and the K70's color fix never fixed the flickering LED's

I just wanted to mention here that the K70 and K95 series keyboards have a short wrist rest that can be uncomfortable with big hands. I added a wrist rest from one of my old black IBM/Lenovo USB keyboards with the curve on the right side, attached with 2 small strips of velcro tape.

Sorry it is 16.8 million. I doubt they added .1million.

I have yet to have any flickering in my K95 but might be different from the K70.

jkteddy77

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

jkteddy77

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

I know they updated some of the lighting controllers at the tail end of the original K70/K95 to remedy the flashing issue, maybe yours was one of those. I just wouldn't wanna risk accidentally buying older stock and get stuck with one that flickers

D

Deleted member 217926

I bought my K70 RGB over a year ago and I've never had any LED flickering issues. A year ago last April I believe. Best keyboard I've ever used and I love it. Cherry Red switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.