Corsair Gets Aggressive With Carbide SPEC-04 Case Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished

The reason you keep seeing USB 2.0 on front panels is because of wireless keyboards/mice and ultra-small WiFi adapters. USB 3.0 interferes with wireless transceivers, and plugging one into a 3.0 port results in frequently dropped signals. So, as a convenience to those with such devices, manufacturers are still providing USB 2.0 ports in prominent locations.

Ugh, still making the same mistakes as with older spec cases. Skimping on case width and making it difficult for air cooling.

Granted at least there are coolers like the cryorig h7 that will fit but it seems a serious flaw to cheap out and fall just short of offering at least 160mm of cpu cooler clearance needed for many air coolers including the still popular 212 evo. All to save 1/2" of width? It would be understandable if this were a small form factor case, low profile case or a mini itx case. It's none of those things. Once a case is past a certain size why not avoid such glaring pitfalls?

It does have mounting locations for 240mm radiators but with such restrictions on air cooling it seems an odd choice. Prioritize cpu cooler fitment options for aio coolers with a premium price well over $100 usd on a budget $50 case. If folks are on a budget, more likely they would want to go with a less expensive air cooler - which ironically many of which won't work. Maybe they're hoping people will be inclined to fork over $110 for the h100i v2 by saving them $20-30 on a cheap(er) case.

I can see that as a reason but this case is targeting enthusiasts and gamers more than the general public and the majority of gamers use wired USB devices.

Well I guess the headsets are more wireless now unless you are like me, which I still prefer my 3.5mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.