Question corsair h100i elite capellix "revs up" and becomes very loud at certain times

Oct 9, 2022
a few months back i purchased an h100i brand new and installed it into my pc. I started noticing that sometimes, but not always, when playing some games, my pump will go from being relatively quiet to etremely loud. there isnt a noticable shift in the RPM of the pump, and i know its not any of my case or GPU fans either. genuinely sounds like a PS4 cooler with how loud it is, and it eventually goes down. for example, in team fortress 2, upon getting to the main menu of the game, the pump will become extremely loud, then get quiet once getting into actual gameplay (where cpu usage should be highest), then once changing levels or going back to the menu, it revs up again. sometimes it just doesn't do this as well, i notice it happening more consistently after a computer restart. using the corsair icue software, this often is not accompanied by an RPM spike of any kind, sometimes the RPM decreases but the sound stays the same. if anyone has any ideas or solutions for this, please let me know, its infuriating.

a few months back i purchased an h100i brand new and installed it into my pc. I started noticing that sometimes, but not always, when playing some games, my pump will go from being relatively quiet to etremely loud. there isnt a noticable shift in the RPM of the pump, and i know its not any of my case or GPU fans either. genuinely sounds like a PS4 cooler with how loud it is, and it eventually goes down. for example, in team fortress 2, upon getting to the main menu of the game, the pump will become extremely loud, then get quiet once getting into actual gameplay (where cpu usage should be highest), then once changing levels or going back to the menu, it revs up again. sometimes it just doesn't do this as well, i notice it happening more consistently after a computer restart. using the corsair icue software, this often is not accompanied by an RPM spike of any kind, sometimes the RPM decreases but the sound stays the same. if anyone has any ideas or solutions for this, please let me know, its infuriating.
I think you're a little confused. It's actually perfectly normal for usage to be highest in menu and loading. The pump isn't changing speeds and even at full speed should be inaudible. Your fans however are on a curve and speed up when temperatures increase. If I had to guess, I'd say you have am AMD CPU which boost liberally. The action is normal, if ot really bothers you, you can lower the max fan speeds but will have higher temps.