Corsair H100i fans and stock fans upgrade?

Honey_Badger

Reputable
Apr 22, 2015
At the moment I am running a Corsair h100i at the top of my case, with the fans pushing the air through the radiator, and I have the two Fractal Design stock fans too, one at the back and one at the front.

Unfortunately, my PC is really loud :O I think its due to the H100i because I heard the fans for this are kinda' bad. I was thinking about upgrading the two Fractal Design stock fans too :)

So, my question, any recommendations? I was looking at the Fractal Design Venturi fans for the Corsair radiator because I read you need high static pressure for radiators.

I need:
- Two 120mm fans for the Corsair h100i
- Three 140mm fans for the case, I was thinking two pull fans at the front, and one push fan at the back?

Lastly, my fan is black and white themed. I know Noctua is the king of fans, but please retain your urges to spam Noctua (because I know I would lol) as their colour scheme is horrible for my build.

THANK YOU! XD

Solution
I'll say it - Noctua. What do you want, good colour scheme and high noise or bad colour scheme and low noise?

There are alternatives - such as Corsair Quiet Editions which are good.

Honey_Badger

Reputable
Apr 22, 2015

:D Noctua are truly the best aren't they! But it is a complete nono, my build: everything is black and white, its beautiful. Noctua fans will look like a Bolognese stain on a white dress!

So the Corsair Quiet Editions, eh? I'll have a look into them. Do you have any thoughts on the Fractal Design Venturi fans? I heard you need high static pressure for radiators, so maybe the Corsair fans for the front and back of the case, and something else for the radiator?

It may also be worth trying to adjust the fan curve in link to keep those corsair fans from spinning up too much.

I have had good luck with Gentle Typhoon(AP-15's in my case) fans, but they are not too easy to get these days and most are 3 pin only so the H100i unit will not control them and you would have to see if your board would control them(some do voltage control, while others will not).

bonzer87

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Hi.. you may want to search for cryorig qf 120 fan.. they have 3 type. Silent, balance & performance... I'm sure the colour will suit your build. Plus its a high quality fan.. it cant beat the noctua dan spec. But im sure it will win the asthetic value that youre looking on a fan..

TRENDING THREADS