[SOLVED] corsair h100i pro fans stuck on max speed, Icue software cannot detect hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot

Distinguished
So everything was working fine for months, then all of a sudden during idle, the corsair h100i fans revved up to max speed and stay that way all the time, according to temp monitor software, the CPU is not overheating and coolant temp is normal, the icue software resisted all attemps to change fan speeds, after trying to update the firmware, the icue software cannot detect any hardware anymore.

reinstalling icue software does not help, doing a system restore does not help, so now im stuck my fans at max speed and software that cannot detect its hardware.

Windows 10, fully updated.

Last edited:

woot

Distinguished
That sounds like a defective unit, as it shouldn't even do that without Icue installed.

You could ask on here but the only time I did, I am still waiting for a reply - https://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=128

I would be tempted to contact Corsair direct - https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us

thanks for the reply, i actualy fixed the problem by chance, in a last attempt i uninstalled the icue program and downloaded this program called Link, during the installation, i was promted to accept the installation some kind of corsair firmware, after doing so and trying to launch the program, the computer gave me a blue screen and after restarting, the coolers RBG started working again, then after installing the icue software, the AIO was detected, then i forced a update of the firmware and the problem was gone, the Link program vanished from the computer even through it was installed.

overall i just want to say that il probly consider a tower cooler next time, as this icue software is very buggy and annoying, sometimes the RBG starts glitching and flickering, restarting the icue program usualy solves it, very annoying, maybe other AIO companies have better software.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Link is the predecessor of Icue so that probably reset the settings on the fans. Icue likely uninstalled it when you put it on.
I know the aio doesn't like complicated light patterns, I normally just leave it on temp but liquid is always cool so it is always green. Rgb on the ram is more glitchy for me.

Reactions: woot
Status
Not open for further replies.