[SOLVED] Corsair H100i Pro XT AiO BSOD when loading/browsing on web browsers

jkk45

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Hi guys,

Recently upgraded my old air CPU fan (Noctua NH-12s) to all in one liquid cooling system: a Corsair H100i.

It all works great, however there is a very bizarre problem with it. I have tested and the vast majority of tasks work absolutely fine (standard gaming, playing music on iTunes, typing stuff on MS Word etc.), with no BSODs at all. However the moment I open a web browser, there’s a near-instant BSOD. Within 10 or 15 seconds of opening either Chrome or Edge, a BSOD appears, with the message SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, asmtxchi.sys has stopped working’. Prior to installing the new AiO system I had had none of these problems.

I’ve had a look on Event Viewer as well and for each of these BSODs and it reports that this isEvent ID 2004’, with the accompanying message: ‘unable to open the Server performance object, the first four bytes (DWORD) of the data section contains the status code’

All of this is experienced whilst running at stock CPU temperatures and voltages.

I have also tried plugging the USB header to AiO pump cable into a different USB header on my motherboard. This made no difference.

I have uploaded the mini dump of the error here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=24494983486348873763

PC SPEC:
  • CPU: i7 8700k @ stock vcore/speed
  • Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370-a
  • PSU: Seasonic SSR-650FX Focus Plus Gold 80+
  • RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz RAM (using XMP overclock map)
  • O/S: Windows 10 64 bit MSI Amor OC GTX 1080

Can anyone please advise on what I might need to do? It seems totally bizarre that everything seems to work, except when opening a web browser.

Thanks!

Solution
Hi all,

I solved the problem by unisntalling and reinstalling all of the drivers relating to the AsMedia USB controller via Device Manager. I am no longer experiencing the said problems.

Mods, can you please lock this thread please!

jkk45

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Hi guys,

Recently upgraded my old air CPU fan (Noctua NH-12s) to all in one liquid cooling system: a Corsair H100i.

It all works great, however there is a very bizarre problem with it. I have tested and the vast majority of tasks work absolutely fine (standard gaming, playing music on iTunes, typing stuff on MS Word etc.), with no BSODs at all. However the moment I open a web browser, there’s a near-instant BSOD. Within 10 or 15 seconds of opening either Chrome or Edge, a BSOD appears, with the message SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, asmtxchi.sys has stopped working’. Prior to installing the new AiO system I had had none of these problems.

I’ve had a look on Event Viewer as well and for each of these BSODs and it reports that this isEvent ID 2004’, with the accompanying message: ‘unable to open the Server performance object, the first four bytes (DWORD) of the data section contains the status code’

All of this is experienced whilst running at stock CPU temperatures and voltages.

I have also tried plugging the USB header to AiO pump cable into a different USB header on my motherboard. This made no difference.

I have uploaded the mini dump of the error here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=24494983486348873763

PC SPEC:
Can anyone please advise on what I might need to do? It seems totally bizarre that everything seems to work, except when opening a web browser.

Thanks!

jkk45

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Hi guys,

PC SPEC:
Can anyone please advise on what I might need to do? It seems totally bizarre that everything seems to work, except when opening a web browser

jkk45

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Hi all,

I solved the problem by unisntalling and reinstalling all of the drivers relating to the AsMedia USB controller via Device Manager. I am no longer experiencing the said problems.

Mods, can you please lock this thread please!

Solution