[SOLVED] Corsair H100i Pro XT - Fans Consistent 4500 RPM

Feb 9, 2022
I was playing a game and my fans on my CPU aio were loudly blasting air out for like 30 seconds and returned to normal after a bit. I opened NZXT Cam to look at my Temps and Fan speed and it's consistently sitting around 4500 RPM. I restarted my pc and went into the Bios to check again and the fans were still at 4500 RPM. I've had this corsair prebuilt approaching a year now and wanna know if this is normal and if there's a solution to fix the fan speeds.

My System is:
mobo: msi B550-A pro
cpu: 5600x
cooler: corsair h100i rgb pro xt
gpu: rtx 3070
psu: Corsair 750W
Windows 10

Edit: I did some more research and found that I was getting different RPM and Temps
On Idle ICUE shows
Fan #1: 1000 RPM
Fan #2: 1000 RPM
Pump #1: 2300 RPM
Temp: 30.7 C

But NZXT and Bios
CPU Fan: 4500 RPM
Temp: 43 C

Last edited:
Solution
NZXT CAM is probably showing pump speed. It really depends on where things are connected. Are you fans connected to the integrated fan headers on the fan hub on the pump or someplace else?

Is your pump connected to CPU_FAN1 or PUMP_FAN1?

Truthfully, what's reported using iCue is the only thing that can be considered relevant, because neither CAM nor the BIOS can properly read fan RPM readings since they do not have the ability to monitor your pump's connected hardware to the best of my knowledge. They can only read what is connected via the motherboard fan headers, sometimes via USB and sometimes via SATA, IF they are set up to read from those buses and IF you are using their hardware. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not...
NZXT CAM is probably showing pump speed. It really depends on where things are connected. Are you fans connected to the integrated fan headers on the fan hub on the pump or someplace else?

Truthfully, what's reported using iCue is the only thing that can be considered relevant, because neither CAM nor the BIOS can properly read fan RPM readings since they do not have the ability to monitor your pump's connected hardware to the best of my knowledge. They can only read what is connected via the motherboard fan headers, sometimes via USB and sometimes via SATA, IF they are set up to read from those buses and IF you are using their hardware. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

BIOS can read the pump speed, because it connects to a motherboard header, so it's available to it. Same for CAM. But reading RPM of anything connected to the integrated hub on the pump, probably can't happen except through the iCue software, but, it's possible. Been a little while since I delved into what can read what lately.

Solution
Feb 9, 2022

Truthfully, what's reported using iCue is the only thing that can be considered relevant, because neither CAM nor the BIOS can properly read fan RPM readings since they do not have the ability to monitor your pump's connected hardware to the best of my knowledge. They can only read what is connected via the motherboard fan headers, sometimes via USB and sometimes via SATA, IF they are set up to read from those buses and IF you are using their hardware. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

BIOS can read the pump speed, because it connects to a motherboard header, so it's available to it. Same for CAM. But reading RPM of anything connected to the integrated hub on the pump, probably can't happen except through the iCue software, but, it's possible. Been a little while since I delved into what can read what lately.
Looks like the pump is connected to CPU_FAN1, Should it be connected to the other port?

It's fine there. Lot's of boards don't even have a dedicated pump header so using the CPU_FAN header is the normal practice anyhow.

But are the radiator fans connected to the fan cables coming from the pump or are they connected to the motherboard headers?