[SOLVED] Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE Stock Thermal Paste VS Arctic MX-4

Potato825

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2016
Just got the Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE, and I don't know how good the stock thermal paste it. I have left over Arctic MX-4 from my last build should I use that or just leave the stock thermal paste on the cooler?

Solution
Use the stock thermal paste that comes pre-applied. Later, if you should have to remove the cooler at some point, THEN clean off the pre-applied TIM (Thermal interface material) and apply the MX-4 or whatever product you prefer. The MX-4 is pretty good. I like the Thermal grizzly Kryonaut a little better myself, but I have both on hand. For starting out though, there's really no compelling reason to not use what comes on it out of the box.
Use the stock thermal paste that comes pre-applied. Later, if you should have to remove the cooler at some point, THEN clean off the pre-applied TIM (Thermal interface material) and apply the MX-4 or whatever product you prefer. The MX-4 is pretty good. I like the Thermal grizzly Kryonaut a little better myself, but I have both on hand. For starting out though, there's really no compelling reason to not use what comes on it out of the box.

Reactions: Yadro
Solution