[SOLVED] Corsair h100i RGB Platinum temps okay?

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Hello, i have set up my AIO in the front panel as a push pull (i dont know if that's how it's called) because it wouldn't fit at the top because of the RAM overlap.

I am not sure if the push pull is 100% correct or not because i am new to this. Basically, the corsair logo of the AIO fans is reversed (let me know if i must swap it or no).

I was unsure what to do with the fans so i decided to do that.

On idle temps i get 49-50ºC which is like 5-6ºC Cooler than what i had with the wraith prism
On ryzen master stress test i got around 70-72ºC
While running cinebench the temps ramped up to 80-82ºC

I must mention that the CPU is running at 3.8GHz at 1.231 volts.

My setup is:

• Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Gaming B550-F
  • CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
  • RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 2x16GB 3200Mhz
  • PSU: Corsair RM750 80+ Gold
  • GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT
  • Case: Corsair 465X iCUE
EDIT: I used the thermal paste of Arctic MX-4
EDIT: The liquid temperature is of 37-38ºC

Last edited:
Solution
Your idle is really super high. Normal idle should be around 35c and a full load on that processor should not go above 85c

So your idle is off and that can hamper a CPU over time. Your load temps for what Im guessing is a not touched 3900x as in you haven't manually changed clock speeds not that you have any head room to begin with. With a AMD CPU it sorta comes overclocked already where as Intel as plenty of headroom. Personally for a stock voltage I think 82c is a bit high. What temps do you get after 1 hour of gaming is the more important question my friend? So in closing your idle is whack which can be a contact problem between the block and the cpu or how you used the paste and your load of 82c although higher then what we...

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Your idle is really super high. Normal idle should be around 35c and a full load on that processor should not go above 85c

So your idle is off and that can hamper a CPU over time. Your load temps for what Im guessing is a not touched 3900x as in you haven't manually changed clock speeds not that you have any head room to begin with. With a AMD CPU it sorta comes overclocked already where as Intel as plenty of headroom. Personally for a stock voltage I think 82c is a bit high. What temps do you get after 1 hour of gaming is the more important question my friend? So in closing your idle is whack which can be a contact problem between the block and the cpu or how you used the paste and your load of 82c although higher then what we want is not above 85c so your ok.

Solution

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019

So your idle is off and that can hamper a CPU over time. Your load temps for what Im guessing is a not touched 3900x as in you haven't manually changed clock speeds not that you have any head room to begin with. With a AMD CPU it sorta comes overclocked already where as Intel as plenty of headroom. Personally for a stock voltage I think 82c is a bit high. What temps do you get after 1 hour of gaming is the more important question my friend? So in closing your idle is whack which can be a contact problem between the block and the cpu or how you used the paste and your load of 82c although higher then what we want is not above 85c so your ok.
I doubt it is about the contact between aio and cpu because i failed several times to attach the aio and the thermal paste got spread nicely, until i managed to settle it. About gaming, i haven't fully tested it yet but i would say 60-65°C, will confirm tomorrow. Couldn't it be my fan setup? Maybe its wrong. Its worth mentioning that where i live i am usually at 36-40°C outside

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
I doubt it is about the contact between aio and cpu because i failed several times to attach the aio and the thermal paste got spread nicely, until i managed to settle it. About gaming, i haven't fully tested it yet but i would say 60-65°C, will confirm tomorrow. Couldn't it be my fan setup? Maybe its wrong. Its worth mentioning that where i live i am usually at 36-40°C outside
Those temps when gaming of 60 to 65c are normal for that AIO and are perfectly safe and you don't have an issue. Im just wondering why your idle temps are freakin 45 to 50c wtf? Other then that your fine. Do you have LINK software installed ? You can change the pump speed also the fan speed and what not to your liking and set a curve or a constant rpm and what not.

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Those temps when gaming of 60 to 65c are normal for that AIO and are perfectly safe and you don't have an issue. Im just wondering why your idle temps are freakin 45 to 50c wtf? Other then that your fine. Do you have LINK software installed ? You can change the pump speed also the fan speed and what not to your liking and set a curve or a constant rpm and what not.
I have icue and i set it to extreme profile, before it was set to the default profile, the temps got as low as 45 but its oscillating between 46-49. Building my own computer is giving me more troubles than having a girlfriend smh.
Edit: when on ryzen master set to default profile, the temps go from 48ish to 60ish and then 50ish, then the se happens. If i use my manual profile, the temps ramp to 51-53 when i watch YouTube

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
I have icue and i set it to extreme profile, before it was set to the default profile, the temps got as low as 45 but its oscillating between 46-49. Building my own computer is giving me more troubles than having a girlfriend smh.
Edit: when on ryzen master set to default profile, the temps go from 48ish to 60ish and then 50ish, then the se happens. If i use my manual profile, the temps ramp to 51-53 when i watch YouTube
Launch HWMONITOR and play a game for 1 hour straight then report your load temps. Your idle is very fishy... sighs... It will degrade CPU life for sure.

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Launch HWMONITOR and play a game for 1 hour straight then report your load temps. Your idle is very fishy... sighs... It will degrade CPU life for sure.
Well i dont have this much time to run it for one full hour, but the results would change depending on if it's night or day. When it was daylight the temperatures were of 60+Cº and now that it's night time the temperatures were of 49-51Cº according to MSI Afterburner. I dont know much about HWMonitor but the temperature for the Package (Node 0) (night time) is of MAX: 60ºC, min 45ºC and Current: 56ºC on my Ryzen 9 3900X. The temperature over here is of 28ºC or something like that. I don't know if that's what you mean.

The game was ran on ultra settings (+12GB of video memory) at 1440p averaging 85-90 FPS (not using MSI afterburner benchmarks because sometimes it drops to 3 FPS because of the lack of VRAM)

EDIT: Worth mentioning, the presets of my AIO coolers were set to Extreme preset

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Well i dont have this much time to run it for one full hour, but the results would change depending on if it's night or day. When it was daylight the temperatures were of 60+Cº and now that it's night time the temperatures were of 49-51Cº according to MSI Afterburner. I dont know much about HWMonitor but the temperature for the Package (Node 0) (night time) is of MAX: 60ºC, min 45ºC and Current: 56ºC on my Ryzen 9 3900X. The temperature over here is of 28ºC or something like that. I don't know if that's what you mean.

The game was ran on ultra settings (+12GB of video memory) at 1440p averaging 85-90 FPS (not using MSI afterburner benchmarks because sometimes it drops to 3 FPS because of the lack of VRAM)

EDIT: Worth mentioning, the presets of my AIO coolers were set to Extreme preset
Wait your talking about your GPU now. Your inital thread opening was about the AIO on your CPU my friend? We want you to check your CPU temp not your GPU temp with MSI AB and what not. You dont have a GPU issue, you requested for going from prism cooler to AIO and your temps ... are you looking at GPU temps or CPU temps ?

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Wait your talking about your GPU now. Your inital thread opening was about the AIO on your CPU my friend? We want you to check your CPU temp not your GPU temp with MSI AB and what not. You dont have a GPU issue, you requested for going from prism cooler to AIO and your temps ... are you looking at GPU temps or CPU temps ?
Always cpu temps. I mentioned gpu just in case it could affect my cpu temps in any way