Question Corsair H100I RGB PRO XT - Ryzen 5 3600 - idle ~30 - Load ~75, expected?

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2012
Hey everyone. Just a quick question regarding average idle and load temps on the AIO mentioned in the title. Are these temps to be expected with Ryzen? I know Ryzen tends to run a little hotter than other solutions anyway, I'm just curious to see if these temps are to be expected or if they're anomalous or not?

The case has adequate airflow, and the rest of the system seems to be just fine temp wise. I've also re-applied the thermal paste just in case but this didn't seem to make any difference. Also the CPU in question has been OC'd a touch and doesn't dip below 4Ghz.

Cheers for any responses!

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your case and it's airflow? What are your ambient room air temps? What sort of loads are you subjecting the system to? Gaming or stress testing with a benchmarking app? Make and model of your motherboard and it's BIOS version? Those temps look fine to me though they'll be in better light with the answers to the previous questions.

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2012
Make and model of your case and it's airflow? What are your ambient room air temps? What sort of loads are you subjecting the system to? Gaming or stress testing with a benchmarking app? Make and model of your motherboard and it's BIOS version? Those temps look fine to me though they'll be in better light with the answers to the previous questions.
Many apologies for the late reply. I've been AFK since posting due to a family emergency.

Case is a SaharaGaming P35 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sahara-P35-Tempered-Gaming-Pirate/dp/B07BFVL2PC
3 x front fans as intake, 1 x rear as exhaust. There's still plenty of ventilation from open chassis points, though I do have plans on mounting another fan at some point soon on the bottom PSU cover to hopefully pull some more 'clean' air in from the bottom front intake fan. The AIO is mounted topside with both fans as exhausts.

Also the GPU is a Asus STRIX 1060 6gb. Mentioning this as the majority of the warm air is ejected into the case.

Ambient room temps fluctuate between 18-25 due to the current weather conditions here in the UK.

Loads have mostly been gaming but I have run a few benches such as Furmark and AIDA64, all achieve similar results.

Motherboard is Asus ROG STRIX B-550 Gaming; BIOS version 2403 (Latest available at time of build around 3 months ago).

As mentioned in my post I assumed that these temps would be nominal given Ryzens high TDP, I just wanted to double-check here to make sure. No harm in asking right? Ha ha. Cheers for your reply anyway, I can only apologize once again for the tardiness in my own.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS