Corsair h100i v2 and dedicated water cooling header ?

mrjack2207

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
I recently purchased the asus maximus ix hero which has a cpu header, cpu-opt header and a AiO header, what would be the best way to utilise these with a corsair h100i v2, the manual states that the cpu and cpu opt are variable where is the AiO is constant, suggestions ?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
My suggestion is to ask Tech Support at Corsair. I know that the system requires use of their utility software, Corsair Link, to take over control of the AIO system. What I don't know for sure is whether that system needs to be able to change the pump speed using the CPU_FAN header, or whether it must have its pump OR its fan speeds reported through the CPU_FAN header, or whether it can actually work with that special AIO header. Corsair should be able to answer this.

Corsair Nick

Reputable
Jul 5, 2017
We recommend connecting all of our AIO pumps to the CPU_FAN header, and setting the BIOS to either full, maximum, or whatever the full power amount specified is. The pump should be provided 12v at all times, and if adjustable, is only done through the Corsair Link software. A lot of newer boards have the AIO header, but some may throw codes as there would be nothing connected to the CPU_FAN Header.