Corsair H100i v2 Clearance question

ThaSherm

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
Does anyone know if the corsair h100i v2 would fit top-mounted into my Corsair 400C case? It seems to not fit because it can't clear my Corsair Vengeance LED RAM sticks. Anyone know?

Solution
If you have H100i v2 then try rigging it at the top and see for yourself if the rad and rad fans fit there with high-profile RAM.

One way to rig rad at the top would be when you install rad in the inside of the case and case fans on the outside in pull configuration.
Little graph:
----------fan---------fan---------
=======case frame======
-------------radiator-------------

This way, you don't have any RAM clearance issues and rad is also working as it should be. Only downside is that the case might not look as good as it could be and you can't use the top magnetic filter. But other than that, the rad fits at the top.

Without knowing how much RAM clearance you need, you also might be able to use slim fans (thickness of fan 15mm...

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
It fits just nicely. Just don't bring the tubes over the RAM but instead over the back I/O panel.
Image:
163471.5cb3f340eb9fcbb46bb0c7a7003e2358.1600.jpg

source: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/h4zMnQ

ThaSherm

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015

The cases in that picture seem to be the Corsair Graphite 760T, which is a Full Tower case and has a Top Mounted Radiator clearance of 240/280/360mm, whereas the Corsair Carbide 400C I have is listed as 240mm. If you look at this image of my case, you can see the H100i v2 is front-mounted, but the Dominator RAM and Vengeance LED RAM have similar heights. Imagine trying to fit the H100i v2 top-mounted here. This is basically my dilemma. The cooler/fans themselves fit fine, but without the RAM. The RAM seems to be too tall.
557D0C82BCD54212B0679689BF864A71.ashx

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
If you have H100i v2 then try rigging it at the top and see for yourself if the rad and rad fans fit there with high-profile RAM.

One way to rig rad at the top would be when you install rad in the inside of the case and case fans on the outside in pull configuration.
Little graph:
----------fan---------fan---------
=======case frame======

This way, you don't have any RAM clearance issues and rad is also working as it should be. Only downside is that the case might not look as good as it could be and you can't use the top magnetic filter. But other than that, the rad fits at the top.

Without knowing how much RAM clearance you need, you also might be able to use slim fans (thickness of fan 15mm instead of regular 25mm) to bring down the AIO thickness.
Graph in pull configuration:
=======case frame======
----slim fan---------slim fan----

And graph in push configuration:
=======case frame======
----slim fan---------slim fan----

For silm fans to use, you can go for CM's XtraFlo slim fans,
specs: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/xtraflo/xtraflo-120-slim/

Solution