[SOLVED] Corsair H100i V2 compatibility with AM4 socket motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2020
I have a Corsair H100i V2 that I purchased back in 2016. which is currently running on an AM3+ socket.

I'm wondering if the cooler is also compatible with AM4 socket type out of the box or if I have to purchase a new cooler bracket to support AM4.

Solution
While looking for an answer, I came across this thread from this very forum. It is from 2017 though, but when looking at other forums and websites, it seems the answer is still the same. The answer seems very well described in the thread I posted a link to, so I thought it could still be useful, also when considering your cooler is from 2016, shortly before the forum thread was created.

If a cooler makes use of the original AMD cooler mounts, and does not require a backplate, it should be compatible.

If the cooler does require a backplate, most manufacturers has made a mounting bracket to make coolers with a backplate compatible with AM4

If I remember correctly, the H100i is installed using the default AMD cooler mounts, in...
While looking for an answer, I came across this thread from this very forum. It is from 2017 though, but when looking at other forums and websites, it seems the answer is still the same. The answer seems very well described in the thread I posted a link to, so I thought it could still be useful, also when considering your cooler is from 2016, shortly before the forum thread was created.

If a cooler makes use of the original AMD cooler mounts, and does not require a backplate, it should be compatible.

If the cooler does require a backplate, most manufacturers has made a mounting bracket to make coolers with a backplate compatible with AM4

If I remember correctly, the H100i is installed using the default AMD cooler mounts, in which case your H100i should be compatible with AM4 with no need for updated parts or brackets.

But I would recommend double checking yourself, 2016 is a bit far away in my memory, and I could be wrong

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.