Corsair H100i v2 red light

oceanneko

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017
Hello, i have a corsair H100i v2 hydro cooler and in 7 months my pc got overheated, the light on the logo turned red and when i opened my pc it closed by itself i send it back to the store to got it fixed (the hydro)and i get it the prev week, im afraid to put it on my pc, so i wanted to know does it worth to get it to a technician to check it or do i need another Hydro? please help.

Solution

oceanneko

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017

Because i dont know if they had fixed it or its still broken. Btw do you know when a Hydro cooler is dead?

SumTingW0ng

Reputable
Aug 6, 2017

When your CPU temp reach above 85C at idle to light usage after repaste thermal, clean the cooler, and running your CPU at stock.

Usually, your Hydro cooler will not dead. It just either run out of liquid or some sort of debris stuck in there, so a little of mod to refill it and clean out debris than you should be good if the power supply to the cooler haven't damage at all.

oceanneko

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017

Thank you for answering, well i dint repaste thermal it. i build it in 25/2/2017 and it got a overheating problem at 12/8/2017. So i didnt knew if it was dead or not so i send back to the store to get fixed. Well i'll try it later but thanks for answering, btw it closed by itself when it had the overheating problem and thats everytime i opened it before i send it back.

SumTingW0ng

Reputable
Aug 6, 2017

Can you please post your pc specs and if the CPU is overclock or not?

Your best bet is check for any pump failure and leaking. Also, make sure that the pump power cable plug in to the CPU fan header on your motherboard. After that, boot into the BIOS to verify that the pump is running max speed what Corsair advertised. In addition, make sure re-apply your CPU thermal compound after uninstall the CPU cooler.

oceanneko

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017

Thank you for responding/Answering, sorry for the late respond, here :

The build is :
Msi x99A xpower gaming titanium
intel core i7 5930k
Msi Geforce GTX 1060 Gaming x60
Corsair Hydro H100i v2
Corsair Neytron Series XTi 240GB
Corsair CS850M CP-9020086-EU
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2400MHZ
W.D. Green 2TB SATAIII
and Windows 10 home 16bit

I just heard that they are good for the work that i want to do so i got those.

SumTingW0ng

Reputable
Aug 6, 2017

Indeed they are and it should last you quite a long time as well. Just make sure you do those suggestion I listed. Corsair offered 5 years warranty for all their Hydro cooler, so if thing go wrong I suggest you contact Corsair instead. I don't know how can the shop fixed it for you, but any modification will void your 5 years warranty as far as I know.

Solution

oceanneko

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017

Thank you very much for this help. :)

SumTingW0ng

Reputable
Aug 6, 2017

No problem, and hope your PC running fine as it should be. If you have any question or problem, feel free to ask us. here.