Corsair h100i v2

joshywalrus

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
Hi guys! I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendation on where I should put my corsair h100i v2? Either the front or the top of case. Also should it be sucking air in or out, and which side of the radiator ??? Thanks in advanced!

Solution
- Depends on your internal case temps compared to your room temps.

- Do you have a blower style GPU or open air?

- Is the case mutch more restrictive infront compared to on top, bottom or even on the sides (if you have fan ports there ofc)

When it comes to all AIO`s out there it does not matter if the air gets sucked in or pushed out when it comes to radiators (called push or pull)
Only difference is dust cleaning from the radiator, it is more easy if you mount the fans in a pull config.
And by that I mean you mount the fans that the air first goes through the radiator then the fans.
So push or pull it does not matter when it comes to cooling performance. Only thing that does that when it comes to fans is if you mount fans in a push...

CDdude55

Distinguished
Placement depends on what case you have, ideally you want cooler air from outside the case being brought through the radiator and case fans moving the hotter air out. Though lots of people who mount at the top have fans pulling air from inside the case through the radiator. This is good for dust reasons.

- Depends on your internal case temps compared to your room temps.

- Do you have a blower style GPU or open air?

- Is the case mutch more restrictive infront compared to on top, bottom or even on the sides (if you have fan ports there ofc)

When it comes to all AIO`s out there it does not matter if the air gets sucked in or pushed out when it comes to radiators (called push or pull)
Only difference is dust cleaning from the radiator, it is more easy if you mount the fans in a pull config.
And by that I mean you mount the fans that the air first goes through the radiator then the fans.
So push or pull it does not matter when it comes to cooling performance. Only thing that does that when it comes to fans is if you mount fans in a push / pull config.
2 fans pushing air + 2 fans pulling air.

But overall on an AIO it does not matter since you will not gain mutch, if any using a push / pull config.

Solution