Question Corsair H100x not working

Mar 1, 2020
SPECS:
i9900K
RTX 2070
MSI Meg Z390 ACE MB
Corsair Vengeance 32GB Ram
---
I recently bought an AIO cooler after my custom water cooling leaked, decided to go for the H100X because it was very similar to the h100i v2. I've set up the V2 before without any issues, very easy to install..

(I won my current system, so I haven't changed anything except for putting a new hard drive in and taking the water cooling parts out of the system)

Long story short: I set it up, turned it on and there was no light on the cooler, followed by an overheating message for my CPU, since then I've turned it off and haven't touched it. I followed the instructions like they told me. Everything is plugged in correctly (pretty sure). SATA cable is plugged in and the pump cable is in the CPU Fan header like it said in the manual. I've tried plugged it into different headers on the board, didn't work. I've got a splitter in the back of the case which has a CPU connection, didn't work there either. My system already had fans installed and were connected to the splitter, so I just reused those instead of setting up the new ones that came with the box. (Unscrewed them and attached them to the new radiator)

Have I done something wrong or did I buy a dud?

Last edited:

Jorma04

Reputable
Nov 28, 2019
SPECS:
i9900K
RTX 2070
MSI Meg Z390 ACE MB
Corsair Vengeance 32GB Ram
---
I recently bought an AIO cooler after my custom water cooling leaked, decided to go for the H100X because it was very similar to the h100i v2. I've set up the V2 before without any issues, very easy to install..

(I won my current system, so I haven't changed anything except for putting a new hard drive in and taking the water cooling parts out of the system)

Long story short: I set it up, turned it on and there was no light on the cooler, followed by an overheating message for my CPU, since then I've turned it off and haven't touched it. I followed the instructions like they told me. Everything is plugged in correctly (pretty sure). SATA cable is plugged in and the pump cable is in the CPU Fan header like it said in the manual. I've tried plugged it into different headers on the board, didn't work. I've got a splitter in the back of the case which has a CPU connection, didn't work there either. My system already had fans installed and were connected to the splitter, so I just reused those instead of setting up the new ones that came with the box. (Unscrewed them and attached them to the new radiator)

Have I done something wrong or did I buy a dud?
If you Have connected The sata Power Cable and nothing is working/lighting up it's most likely ded. Are you 100% sure you: connected The pump to a sata Power Cable and to a cpu fan header? And The y header cable to a 3/4 pin fan header and connected The fans to The cables?

Mar 1, 2020
If you Have connected The sata Power Cable and nothing is working/lighting up it's most likely ded. Are you 100% sure you: connected The pump to a sata Power Cable and to a cpu fan header? And The y header cable to a 3/4 pin fan header and connected The fans to The cables?

I've just double checked again. Sata cable is plugged in and connected to the power supply. The pump cable is plugged into the top of my MB next to the "CPU_FAN1", I also tried plugging it into the splitter in the back that was labeled "CPU5" but that didn't work either, and the fans are already connected to the splitter in the back, nothing needed to be connected for them to work.

Jorma04

Reputable
Nov 28, 2019
I've just double checked again. Sata cable is plugged in and connected to the power supply. The pump cable is plugged into the top of my MB next to the "CPU_FAN1", I also tried plugging it into the splitter in the back that was labeled "CPU5" but that didn't work either, and the fans are already connected to the splitter in the back, nothing needed to be connected for them to work.
I dont see a reason for it not to work other than it is broken. Even with The sata cable only it should light up.

TRENDING THREADS