[SOLVED] Corsair H115i CPU Liquid Cooler for a GPU

dzanikken

Honorable
Apr 4, 2014
Hi guys!

I just wanted to pick your brains about a GPU and a liquid CPU cooler.
I'm using the KFA2 Geforce GTX 1070 mini and I got a Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO Liquid CPU Cooler from a friend who had upgraded to a new one.
Anyway, is there a way to use this cooler for my GPU? It tends to get hot and noisy under load. I'm not really sure which mounting kit to get as I haven't found much about the use of this cooler for this particular purpose.
I'd really appreciate any feedback you can give me.

Take care, stay safe!

Solution
Unfortunately, no.

There's the Kraken G10/G12, but those are only compatible with AIOs/CLCs with whom the OEM is Asetek.
The OEM for Corsair's H115i is Cool It.

dzanikken

Honorable
Apr 4, 2014
Alright, thanks for the feedback.

In that case, can anyone recommend:

a) a budget but decent liquid cooler for this particular GPU, or perhaps
b) a CPU heatsink that I could modify and use as a GPU cooler.

I'd really appreciate it.

DSzymborski

Titan
I figured as much. In that case, I'd welcome any suggestions how to make my GPU quieter and cooler with some custom or after-market air cooling.

Well, there's the option to buy a good AIO (around $100-$120) and a compatible bracket like the one mentioned above. The ultimate solution is, of course, a customized open loop for liquid cooling, but this is quite expensive and there's significant upkeep.

There really isn't a market for after-market air cooling of GPUs. You may engineer something yourself (and can find youtube videos), but this is more of a fun experiment rather than a practical application and you're not going to find a one-size-fits-all solution. There's a reason people pay top dollar for higher end versions of GPUs that have huge, three fan cooling solutions.

Reactions: dzanikken

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I do applaud your consideration of liquid cooling the gpu; IMPO, that route makes more sense, and yields more benefits than liquid cooling the cpu.

There's the liquid cooling options already mentioned, plus custom air coolers, like Arctic's Accelero Extreme and Rajintek's Morpheus - but these are for full sized cards, so I don't believe they'll be compatible with your mini.

dzanikken

Honorable
Apr 4, 2014
I understand.

Actually, I think I'm just going to 'engineer' something up, as you suggested. A friend of mine's got a 3D printer and he offered to design a solution for my GPU so I'm able to slap on some bigger and quieter fans.

Again, thanks for the input.

Reactions: Phaaze88