G-star93

Honorable
Oct 19, 2014
Hello,

so I've chose 9700k instead of 9900k again, now i'm deciding between these 3 AIO coolers. Corsair's H115i pro and H115i Platinum vs NZXT Kraken X62. Which one is the best?
Every site so far that i've seen reviews it's different. Somewhere is better kraken on the other sites corsair, sometimes pro, sometimes platinum. Also I don't realy care for RGB, I want something reliable and quiet. Last AIO that I had was Bequiet Silent loop 280mm and it was nice and quiet, couldn't hear a thing. Couple of years ago I had couple of corsairs, from h100i, 110i, 110i gt, and they were realy loud under load. But these are new gens, so the pumps and fans must be quieter, if I'm not mistaken.
I'm gonna use my old case again for this build, Cooler master HAF X.

thanks

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Well, if you're concerned about noise...
H115i RGB PLATINUM 280mm 2000rpm fans
H115i PRO RGB 280mm 1200rpm fans
Kraken X62 1800rpm fans - give or take 300rpm(according to the product website)
The H115i Pro makes the most sense.

Couple of years ago I had couple of corsairs, from h100i, 110i, 110i gt, and they were realy loud under load. But these are new gens, so the pumps and fans must be quieter, if I'm not mistaken.
They're only going to be so quiet, or not at all, when running at 2000rpm...

Besides, you can set your own fan curve for these devices...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I ran my kraken X61 (same thing as a X62 basically, slightly different fans) fans at 500-600rpm gaming on a 4.9GHz 200w+ OC, so similar to what the 9700k is capable of. 55°C gaming, 70°C Prime95 small fft. The fans never got above 900rpm, set in silent mode.

Max rpm is a useless number in reality, 95% of performance is inside the first 70% of the fans rpm, the last 30% only covers @ 5% performance difference and usually doubles noise output for only a few °C. Above @ 900rpm, even decent fans start getting somewhat audible.

I haven't as yet tried the new iCue software, but from all accounts its far superior to the old Corsair Link, (which was pretty bad, riddled with bugs and conflicts) but I did enjoy just sticking Cam on silent and forgetting it existed. I'd stick with the Pro or X62.

If you don't want/can't use the RGB, just don't plug that in, or simply turn it off in the software.

Notorious^

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
The H115i Platinum is a great cooler. I run it on a custom fan curve through the icue software. Keeps my 9900K at 29-31c at idle. about 55-60c under load on stock clock speed. On a 5GHz OC it idles about 36C and gets about 70C depending on what i'm doing like a benchmark or something with a heavy load.

The icue software is easy to use and has a lot of options. Either one will do you a good job.

TRENDING THREADS