Question Corsair h115i platinum

Ricardo89

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
I just installed this cpu liquid cooler.
Now I'm starting up my pc everything is going well.
Fans are turning, lights are on, I hear the liquid starting to move in the tubes.
But after 10 sec my computer just shuts down and everything is stopped.
3sec later my pc just restarts on his own again for 10 sec and it shuts down again.
This process just keeps going.
Anyone had this before?

shemsureshot

Distinguished
May 26, 2013
I have the same cooler but never had the issue. I would normally double check if all connections are secure on the cooler and other components. Have you connected it to the USB header or are you not planning to use the software?

Also what cooler did you use beforehand?

Ricardo89

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
Yes I connected it to the USB on my motherboard.
I will definitely use the software. I like that stuff 😀
My previous cooker was just an air cooler from cooler Master (be quiet! Model)
I checked all the connections, I have pulled out every cable and reattached it 3 to 5 times to be sure. I don't know why it's not working. I have a 750watt power supply with an 1080 graphics so I don't think power is the problem here

shemsureshot

Distinguished
May 26, 2013
This is puzzling. It might be worth trying with the usb header removed just to see if this makes any difference. Alternatively you could try resetting the bios. Once my pc entered an endless resetting loop, I removed the lithium batter for 10 minutes and it resolved the issue.

If you do take the battery out make sure the power supply is disconnected etc (sorry if you already knew to do that).

Piroca

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019
Hi friend, have you ever tried to observe the temperatures and voltangens in the BIOS after installing the cooler ..? or does the loop not allow? as the friend above suggests, try the reset .. check the memories etc ..

Ricardo89

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
So I removed the battery also and waited for 20min I unplugged the USB from the cooler but the loop is still there.
The loop does not allow me to see temperature as my screen does not have the time to show anything

Piroca

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019
Sincerely, disconnect all cables, ssd, drives etc ... remove the memory modules and dock again .. if it is the case, test with the old cooler to clear the doubts .. so you can avoid any damage to your equipment.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Normally that'll happen if the pump isn't seated right (it needs to be tight, all screws firmly snug) or if the pre-applied paste is old and started to dry out, or even (corsair is known for this) the backplate is loose. Some motherboards are a hair thinner than others and Corsair standoff screws have a finite amount they'll screw through the mobo before stopping. Unfortunately on the thinner boards, this leaves the backplate kinda loose, so the cpu cooler isn't as protected as it needs to be, overheats in seconds and shuts down. Best test for this is put the pc on its side, pull the cover off and hold the pump down onto the cpu (give it a little wiggle to seat the paste) then boot. If holding the pump down allows the pc to boot, it's too loose. Easiest fix means a trip to the hardware store, get 4x 1-2mm Teflon washers and put them between the backplate and the mobo at the screw hole. This'll extend the range of the standoff screws, allowing them to seat fully. In affect, you make the motherboard thicker.

Ricardo89

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
Does this also apply for the radiator? Or only for the pump? Cause the radiator doesn't really fit my case nicely so I had to improvise a little to get it in my case.
The pump is good attached to my cpu. I removed the old paste as there was already paste on the pump when it was delivered.
I still tried what you said with pushing the pump on my cpu but there was no result in that. The loop continues.

shemsureshot

Distinguished
May 26, 2013
It sounds like you have done alot of trouble shooting. I know someone else said about disconnecting and reconnecting everything already, off the back of that I would suggest taking out the cpu and checking the pins. If all is good put the cpu back in and try again.

Ricardo89

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
Well I've been busy now for 5ours on my pc just for a liquid cpu cooler.
Thank you all for your replies but I'll be taking it to the store on Tuesday to see what's wrong. Anyway thanks for all the help. To bad no solution was found. I'll post the solution later.

Regards