[SOLVED] Corsair H115i Pro installed in a Fractal Design Define 7

johnstac

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
So the new Define 7 comes with two 140mm fans on the front. should I remove those and install the H115i Pro there or should it be installed somewhere else? The top uses only 120mm fans. Not sure about that area at the bottom where there is a power supply shroud. I just need to know where to install an H115i Pro if I went with this case (which I absolutely love btw)

Solution
In the end the differences of the setups are minor. Intake through the rad gives you best cpu cooling but dumps the heat into the case. You should make sure that the pump is not the highest point of the aio, because if you lose fluid over time your pump will run dry and break.

johnstac

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
I know it shouldn't be this hard but I must have watched 6 youtube videos and they were all mounting the Corsair H115i Pro differently. I am working with a Fractal Design Define 7. My plan was to mount this on the front with the fans on the inside in a pull configuration. I have nothing in the top of the case but I plan to simply mount some Noctuas for exhausting the heat. In watching videos I have seen everything from people mounting on the front with the fans on on the outside in a push config to people mounting this cooler on the top with the fans on the inside in a pull configuration! This seems crazy to me since heat rises. I mean, I guess I can see how some might mount it at the top with the fans on the outside pulling heat out. From what I've been reading though about the Ryzen 3900, I thought the consensus was that pulling cool air in through the front gives it the best chance at cooling. Also, The hoses are mounted at the top because the video card will be in the way. Is that okay? Does it matter if the hoses are at the top or the bottom? I just want to have this straight before I finalize everything. I'm putting it together now.

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
In the end the differences of the setups are minor. Intake through the rad gives you best cpu cooling but dumps the heat into the case. You should make sure that the pump is not the highest point of the aio, because if you lose fluid over time your pump will run dry and break.

Solution

johnstac

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007

Is the pump on the end where the hoses are connected? Because this Define 7 is a larger case, mounting the AIO at the front with hoses at the bottom will just not reach the motherboard. Especially with the GPU in the way. Maybe this is why people choose to mount it at the top? Idk.