Question Corsair h115i red led and high noise

Oct 21, 2020
I have just built another pc to sell online, and I have been having issues with the aio cooler. The first time I installed it, it was running at over 90c idle. I later discovered this was a mounting issue and I bought some replacement washers. This worked, but then more problems came. I was going to sell it in a couple of days, but the aio fans ramped up to 100% and it sounded like a jet engine. Another issue is that the usually white led on the block turned red. Is this a warning or an error about the aio? The cpu temps are still at around 60c under full load. I've seen that this red light could be a blockages. Could I fix a possible blockage, and if so, how? Thanks

Nov 27, 2020
Corsair's red leds are a warning that you are reaching too high of temps for the cpu, which can cause damage.
This sounds like either a mounting or pump failure, are the connections to the radiator on the bottom? This will make air go to the side of the radiator without the pipes, and allow only coolant to move through the pump, which will cause both noise and heat issues. Always make sure the pump, which is in the block, is the lowest point in the system, so that air doesn't enter it.

Nov 27, 2020
Corsair's red leds are a warning that you are reaching too high of temps for the cpu, which can cause damage.
This sounds like either a mounting or pump failure, are the connections to the radiator on the bottom? This will make air go to the side of the radiator without the pipes, and allow only coolant to move through the pump, which will cause both noise and heat issues. Always make sure the pump, which is in the block, is the lowest point in the system, so that air doesn't enter it.
Calling Corsair support is always a good way to troubleshoot as well. They're one of the few companies I've always had a good experience with, especially when my h100i v2 pump died.

Oct 21, 2020
Hi, If the red led's are an indicator of high cpu temps, it is still only getting 61c under full load. I was wondering if it could be an internal sensor issue with the liquid cooler? Thanks

Nov 27, 2020
Hi, If the red led's are an indicator of high cpu temps, it is still only getting 61c under full load. I was wondering if it could be an internal sensor issue with the liquid cooler? Thanks
If you look in icue, the stock threshold is probably at 60c, you could change it, but depending on the chip, 60c is pretty typical for full load on an aio

Nov 27, 2020
Just for reference, my h100i v2 is set to switch to red at 60c in the lighting effects, I've never messed with the setting, so my cooler came that way.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Just for reference, my h100i v2 is set to switch to red at 60c in the lighting effects, I've never messed with the setting, so my cooler came that way.
If I remember correctly, the red LED thing is a liquid temperature warning, not a cpu temp one.

Sustained high liquid temps is not good for the life of the pump, since it's being 'cooled' by the liquid and that liquid needs to keep moving to help keep it(pump) cool.

Nov 27, 2020
If I remember correctly, the red LED thing is a liquid temperature warning, not a cpu temp one.

Sustained high liquid temps is not good for the life of the pump, since it's being 'cooled' by the liquid and that liquid needs to keep moving to help keep it(pump) cool.
In my icue it was able to be changed, I'm pretty sure mine takes the package temp, but I wouldn't be surprised if it came stock as the coolant. I think it also depends on the cooler though, since the 100i v2 is pretty old now, so it probably differs from the new coolers in the program.

Nov 27, 2020
Hi, it's an old 17 960 which I bought to do some overclocking. Thanks
Ah, okay. So I did some quick research, there are also cooling threads for that chip on this site, but that seems like a decent temp for that chip under full load, not great, not bad. Plus, the temp of the room or amount of fans in your system can also affect that. Realistically you shouldn't need to worry until 75 or 80c, but it all depends on having perfect operating conditions

Nov 27, 2020
Ah, okay. So I did some quick research, there are also cooling threads for that chip on this site, but that seems like a decent temp for that chip under full load, not great, not bad. Plus, the temp of the room or amount of fans in your system can also affect that. Realistically you shouldn't need to worry until 75 or 80c, but it all depends on having perfect operating conditions
Hi, it's an old 17 960 which I bought to do some overclocking. Thanks
What are your idle temps?

Nov 27, 2020
My idle temps are about 51c when in bios. This seems a bit odd, especially because the fans ramp up to full sped on startup.
Yeah, that's where it's definitely off. I'm not sure about the newer corsair aios but I would definitely contact corsair's tech support to try to see if they can diagnose it. When my pump died after 4 years, past the technical warranty, they still RMA'd it. That's probably your best shot if you're sure it's mounted correctly and your tubes are at the bottom of the radiator.

Nov 27, 2020
Just turned the pc on again, and it's running fine. White led, low temps and low noise. Completely normal. Should this be ok to sell? Thanks
Idk that I would. I would still contact corsair because there could be an issue with that pump. You need proof of purchase, (invoice, receipt, order confirmation) and the serial number of the product.

TRENDING THREADS