[SOLVED] Corsair h115i rgb platinum wiring

zdtaft

Reputable
Sep 29, 2018
So I am hoping to start my build and my aio cooler came in.new to this and the manual is pretty vague.can any buddy tell me where all these wires off the pump head get plugged in at.I do have the commander pro and rgb hub for fan lighting.i will have 3 front intake,2 for the radiator,1 for rear exhaust.the pump head has a sata power and a 1 wire connection.next there is a pair of 4 pin connectors.the last is a 4 pin and a 3 pin and the 1 looks like it jumps of the other.the manual said there labeled one and two but only the number one is numbered.i have the rog strix z390e motherboard.so any way thank you in advance!

Solution
Just to be sure, I believe you have from Corsair:
H115i RGB Platinum AIO CPU cooler system
Corsair Commander Pro
Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub, with six individual LED output ports along two sides, one power cable coming out of an end, and one input port on the other end.

To begin, recognize that fan motor control and RGB lighting control are done separately using different connection cables, although they all will involve those boxes. And the tool for controlling them all is the iCue software utility that you download from Corsair and install after all those items are connected.

Start with the central box, the Commander Pro. It comes with a bunch of cables and has these ports on it:
Two cables from one end. One plugs into a SATA power...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Just to be sure, I believe you have from Corsair:
H115i RGB Platinum AIO CPU cooler system
Corsair Commander Pro
Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub, with six individual LED output ports along two sides, one power cable coming out of an end, and one input port on the other end.

To begin, recognize that fan motor control and RGB lighting control are done separately using different connection cables, although they all will involve those boxes. And the tool for controlling them all is the iCue software utility that you download from Corsair and install after all those items are connected.

Start with the central box, the Commander Pro. It comes with a bunch of cables and has these ports on it:
Two cables from one end. One plugs into a SATA power output connector from the PSU. One plugs into a USB2 header on your mobo for communication.
Six 4-pin fan output ports
Two 3-pin ADDR RGB output ports marked "LED"
Four two-pin thermal sensor ports for the temp sensors included with it - you may not need these, your choice
Two USB2 headers

Next, the RGB Fan LED Hub. It has one cable out of an end that also must plug into a SATA power output from the PSU. On the other end is a socket to accept a control signal for the RGB lighting units, and this signal comes from one of the LED ports of the Commander Pro. Use one of the cables supplied with the Commander Pro for this. Now for any Corsair 3-pin ADDR RGB lighting units you have (not the ones on the H115i system) you can plug them into the six ports of the Hub, starting with #1 port and not skipping any port numbers. MAYBE there are ADDR RGB lighting parts in some of your case fans. If so, those fans will have TWO cables each - a 4-pin one for the fan motor and a 3-pin one for the RGB devices in them - and those you can plug into the Hubs' LED ports. If you do NOT have any such lighting devices other than the things in the H115i system, you will not need to use this RGB Fan LED Hub at all.

Now to the H115i RGB Platinum system. I believe it has a total of six connectors on cables from the pump unit plus a socket on the side, and that each fan for the radiator has two cables from it. For the pump cables, one is the wide one that plugs into a SATA power output from the PSU. (That's three of these in total for your systems.) Then there's a three-hole female fan connector that plugs into the mobo's CPU_FAN header to send the pump's speed signal back there. It comes with a cable to connect from the side socket to a USB2 port for communication with the mobo. Since you have a Commander Pro box, plug that cable into one of the USB2 headers on the side of the commander Pro, and NOT directly into a mobo header. Two of the output connectors are 4-pin fan male connectors, but one of them will be missing its Pin #3. Plug into these two the fan MOTOR cables. The last two output connectors with 3-pin connectors are for the two RGB cables from the fans. With all these connections in place, control of the pump motor, radiator fan motors and RGB lighting effects is all done by the iCue software which communicates via USB2 lines through the Commander Pro to the pump unit.

IF you have Corsair RGB lighting devices other than the radiator pumps and have connected them to the RGB Fan LED Hub (which, in turn, is connected to the Commander Pro's led ports), the iCue software also can control those lighting systems. IF your case fans have ADDR RGB lighting in them, thei RGB cables will be connected to the Hub's LED ports.

Now to your case ventilation fans. All of them should be plugged into FAN ports of the Commander Pro. Then the iCue software also controls those fans, and you can use that utility to configure them.

Although your mobo has two plain RGB headers and one ADDR RGB header on it, you will not need to use them, nor the Aura Sync software system used with them. All control of your RGB systems can be done by the iCue software and the Commander Pro box.

Likewise, all control and monitoring of your fans (CPU cooling via H115i and case ventilation) will be done by the Corsair systems, and not by your mobo's fan ports. The small note here is that your mobo's CPU_FAN header still will monitor the speed signal fed to it (that is, the PUMP speed of the H115i system) for failure, even though it will not control that. You MAY need to ensure that the CPU_FAN header is configured to use the PWM Mode to make sure the pump always gets the full 12 VDC power supply it needs, but I am not sure that is necessary.

Reactions: jonathans2017
Solution
Feb 13, 2019
Paperdoc, thanks so much for the explanation on the Corsair cooler. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out the connections until I came across your post. Very well written and easy to understand, even for me. Well done!