Question Corsair H150i elite LCD 360MM - pump works for 1 second on startup then stops

Jan 8, 2023
hey yall

I recently got a new AIO for my PC because my previous one from EKWB broke and this one is also having some issues.

I can feel the pump vibrating for the first second the PC starts up then it just stops and the temp rises to 85-90.

I have it plugged in CPU_fan header, and I made sure none of the cables are loose or anything.

here are my specs if anyone needs

Asus crosshair viii hero
AMD 5800X
Corsair 32gb ram (4x8)
RTX 3080
Corsair HX850
Samsung 1tb ssd
6 corsair QL120 fans (other than the ones that came with the AIO)
Lian Li 011D case

I would really appreciate it if anyone can help, I’ve been trying to fix this issue all day yesterday.

hey yall

I recently got a new AIO for my PC because my previous one from EKWB broke and this one is also having some issues.

I can feel the pump vibrating for the first second the PC starts up then it just stops and the temp rises to 85-90.

I have it plugged in CPU_fan header, and I made sure none of the cables are loose or anything.

here are my specs if anyone needs

Asus crosshair viii hero
AMD 5800X
Corsair 32gb ram (4x8)
RTX 3080
Corsair HX850
Samsung 1tb ssd
6 corsair QL120 fans (other than the ones that came with the AIO)
Lian Li 011D case

I would really appreciate it if anyone can help, I’ve been trying to fix this issue all day yesterday.
Pump power connected to molex from PSU?

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'd not plug the pump into Commander. I'd put that straight to the psu for power, use the cpu_fan header as should be, usb connector as should be and fans from the pump head. Nothing but the RGB connected to the Commander.

ICue will read everything through the usb port.

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Corsairs H150 hardware is great, software is dosh1t.

First make sure the pump is connected to the CPU header, not Pump and not the crapcommander. Don't ask me why, that's what it's supposed to be.

Second thing I encountered with mine was the stupid fan hub wasn't controlling the fans right at all. Do yourself a favor and get a powered PWM splitter and throw some noctua A12x25 or F12 Redux on there and let the motherboard control the fans. Let icue control the pump via that ribbon cable and set it to Extreme.

Lastly, make sure no air is in the pump.

I had the exact same issue with mine, above I've played, albeit older, Wildlands @4K Maxed out for 8 hours straight and it never breaks 64c.

Even 3DMark didn't break 68c during a stress test.

Jan 8, 2023
Corsairs H150 hardware is great, software is dosh1t.

First make sure the pump is connected to the CPU header, not Pump and not the crapcommander. Don't ask me why, that's what it's supposed to be.

Second thing I encountered with mine was the stupid fan hub wasn't controlling the fans right at all. Do yourself a favor and get a powered PWM splitter and throw some noctua A12x25 or F12 Redux on there and let the motherboard control the fans. Let icue control the pump via that ribbon cable and set it to Extreme.

Lastly, make sure no air is in the pump.

I had the exact same issue with mine, above I've played, albeit older, Wildlands @4K Maxed out for 8 hours straight and it never breaks 64c.

Even 3DMark didn't break 68c during a stress test.
the AIO has a connector for the cpu header and the commander tho and I have them both plugged in.

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
the AIO has a connector for the cpu header and the commander tho and I have them both plugged in.

Correct, from the block, the thin cable goes to CPU header. The wide one to the crapcore.

From the crapcore the wide plug gets powered by the PSU (SATA power). The other cable goes into your USB header on the Motherboard.

The crap core is easily damaged and prone to not operating correctly. Mine one of the fan headers pushed into the hub, the other three would work until I was in Windows. At the time I ended up using headers 2, 4 and 6 which for some stupid reason worked.

Again, I'd advise letting the motherboard control the rad fans. Did you make sure they are spinning?

Jan 8, 2023
i will try that
the AIOs power cable doesnt work
Correct, from the block, the thin cable goes to CPU header. The wide one to the crapcore.

From the crapcore the wide plug gets powered by the PSU (SATA power). The other cable goes into your USB header on the Motherboard.

The crap core is easily damaged and prone to not operating correctly. Mine one of the fan headers pushed into the hub, the other three would work until I was in Windows. At the time I ended up using headers 2, 4 and 6 which for some stupid reason worked.

Again, I'd advise letting the motherboard control the rad fans. Did you make sure they are spinning?
i have the motherboard controlling the rad fans already and yeah theyre spinning. i have 6 other fans connected to the commander core and theyre also spinning. Its just the AIO that doesnt wanna work.

I tried having only the AIO connected to the commander and still nothing.

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
the AIOs power cable doesnt work

i have the motherboard controlling the rad fans already and yeah theyre spinning. i have 6 other fans connected to the commander core and theyre also spinning. Its just the AIO that doesnt wanna work.

I tried having only the AIO connected to the commander and still nothing.

Nothing except the ribbon type cable should be going to the core, try reseating the cable. Make sure its aligned perfectly before pushing it in all the way.

Otherwise must be a dead unit if you follow the above and or instruction manual.