[SOLVED] Corsair H150i PRO fluid

Jun 28, 2018
Corsair H150i PRO.

I want to buy this but have no experience in liquid coolers at all.
Does the cooler is already filled or need to be filled?

And if i need to fill it how do i know how much and what fluid i need to put in.

Solution
H115i Pro and H150i pro are built for silent operation and looks. They aren't terrible but they aren't the best either. They are supremely overpriced and you HAVE to upgrade the fans to get any kind of good thermals out of them.

But the Corsair stock fans in general just suck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb7n_b39F78

This guy claims on his H110i that his temps dropped 10C by changing the crap stock Corsair fans with LL140's

I have them too on my H115i (original) and it keeps my 8700k under 70C for stress loads in quiet mode. Look at Tom's 8700k review. That's pretty dang good for an 8700k.

In any case the Hydro Pro's are decent, with upgraded fans I imagine they could keep up with the better AIO's. Probably won't beat the older...

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
H115i Pro and H150i pro are built for silent operation and looks. They aren't terrible but they aren't the best either. They are supremely overpriced and you HAVE to upgrade the fans to get any kind of good thermals out of them.

But the Corsair stock fans in general just suck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb7n_b39F78

This guy claims on his H110i that his temps dropped 10C by changing the crap stock Corsair fans with LL140's

I have them too on my H115i (original) and it keeps my 8700k under 70C for stress loads in quiet mode. Look at Tom's 8700k review. That's pretty dang good for an 8700k.

In any case the Hydro Pro's are decent, with upgraded fans I imagine they could keep up with the better AIO's. Probably won't beat the older Corsair AIO's but they should get close enough.

Only reason to get the H150i at all is aesthetics, the H115i Pro is slightly better and slightly cheaper. If you just want an AIO that looks decent and performs really well, get an H115i. It's about half the price of the other two and outperforms them both.

Solution

Noise? This is one of the quietest AIO's created.

Epick was talking about upping the fans to get better cooling, which creates more noise...

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable

IDK where you got that... The stock fans are PWM as well and can be turned up and can be noisy as well. Maybe they can't be turned up as much or the fan blade design is bad I'm just relaying what I have heard.

I'm saying the LL's cool better at a lower noise level and that its pretty much proven that the stock fans just suck, thermally at least. I have no idea how quiet they are I have never used them.

Which is why people need to read respectable review sites like Guru3d. Then people get to know how loud and how good or bad they maybe, and the 115i and 150i are very very good.

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
They aren't better than the H110i, the H100i v2, or the H115i and they are twice the price. Fans or not, they are all Corsair fans and come with the same exact stock fans Corsair has been using for years. They EXPECT you to upgrade the fans that's why they don't come with HD's or ML's or LL's.

EVERY review I've seen shows them being outperformed by the older stuff. They just made them a little prettier.

devbiker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017

The PRO series coolers do not come with the same fans that Corsair has been using for years on their coolers. They actually come with low speed MLs that are identical to the ML-RGB fans but without the RGB. Every review out there points this out.

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
Okay. Doesn't negate the fact that the H115i Pro beats the H150i Pro, they will obviously be using the same fans. It would be a safe bet to say the H115i and H115i Pro at least perform identically,

So the point remains. You're still spending an extra $70-80 for a slightly different pump head.

weztmarch

Prominent
Nov 26, 2018
Okay. Doesn't negate the fact that the H115i Pro beats the H150i Pro, they will obviously be using the same fans. It would be a safe bet to say the H115i and H115i Pro at least perform identically,

So the point remains. You're still spending an extra $70-80 for a slightly different pump head.
I'm a little late to the party here, but I use the H150i Pro on my Delidded+Direct-Die Cooled 9900K and I think the stock fan performance is perfectly acceptable. They cap at 1500RPM and remain exceptionally quiet. Also, the H100 is not in the same league as the H115i Platinum or the H150i Pro, both of which perform similarly considering the 10% surface area differential. I just replaced the stock fans for a push/pull config, but can't comment on the thermal differences vs stock config just yet. Will report back here if it presents any significant advantage.