Question Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid CPU Cooler, can you install the corsair 120mm rgb LL fans with losing any features the stock fans might have?

Apr 17, 2019
Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid CPU Cooler, can you install the corsair 120mm rgb LL fans (replacing stock fans) without losing any features the stock fans might have? The Cooler I'm talking about comes with zero rgb fans and I would like to install the 120 LL fans with out losing any features like fans ramping up in speed if your processor gets to hot, want to know if this is possible.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The original series H150i Pro didn't have the RGB fans and is pretty much discontinued in favor of the newer series that does. The original fans were a new series, the ML 120mm, mag-lev (not supposed to use that, it's copyrighted) magnetic levitation which supposedly provide a super quiet and extremely long lasting and reliable bearing, as there's almost no friction. The LL series doesn't have that.

LL 120mm: 600-1500 rpm, 43cfm, 1.6mm/H²O
ML 120mm: 400-2400 rpm, 75cfm, 4.5mm/H²O

Id say you are going to loose out on a considerable bit of performance, especially during heavy gaming or other hard cpu, the LL's are going to ramp higher and the cpu will be a few °C warmer at anything but idle. The LL's push just over ½ the amount of air, at ⅓ the static pressure.

Considering that aio also doubles as either an exhaust or an intake, that loss of cfm/sp across 3 fans is going to hurt.

What's bad is the ML120mm Pro RGB are 400-1600 rpm, 47cfm, 1.8mm/H²O, so a little better than the LL RGB, but not even close to the non-RGB Pros in performance. Pro reviews say pretty much the same, performance took a dump with the inclusion of the RGB.

Last edited: