[SOLVED] Corsair H55 Pump RPM

Dec 18, 2018
Hi, I recently bought a H55 Cooler for my pc. The air fan for it is connected to my CPU_FAN header, whilst the Pump is connected to the System_FAN. Fan runs at its max 1,700 RPM due to only being a three pin and is very loud..

My concern is the pump is showing running at 900RPM (or around as varies when reboot)

Shouldn’t the pump be running at a quicker RPM than this? The pump is only a three pin aswell and motherboard doesn’t limit the Volts down

Any help would be appreciated

Solution

Your initial concern was that the pump was running too slow. If the pump is connected to a header that is at full voltage (+12v), it should be at max RPM. 900 RPM seems a bit slow. I would expect 1500-2000 RPM. (?)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
On a simple AIO lig. cooler like that, I always connect to pump to any fan header that can be set to run at full speed (voltage).

The Rad Fan should not be 3-pin. It should be a 4-pin. The fan motor is a PWM. And it should connect to the CPU FAN header so it can be controlled just like the stock cooler's fan was. If your Rad Fan is only 3-pin, they gave you the wrong fan.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

You're right, I just checked the specs. That's weird. My H60 is a 4-wire fan. How do they expect you to control fan speed (and noise) if the fan is only 3-speed? I hope your BIOS has 3-wire fan (DC) control for the CPU FAN header. If so, use that to allow the fan to only run at the required speed (less noise). As to the pump, keep it at full RPM (full +12v). My H60's pump runs at 4500 RPM, but your H55 may run slower.

Dec 18, 2018
I don’t have the option to change to Speeds/voltage in bios. I can clearly see it says Fan Speed Normal but doesn’t allow me to change anything. (I have tried everything on the bios side including an update of the bios)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Your initial concern was that the pump was running too slow. If the pump is connected to a header that is at full voltage (+12v), it should be at max RPM. 900 RPM seems a bit slow. I would expect 1500-2000 RPM. (?)

Solution