Corsair H55 vs Intel Stock Cooler?

mjwhelan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
Hi Guys,

Is there much performance between the Corsair H55 and Intel's Stock Cooler for the i5 4440. The system will be obviously non-overclocked but will be installed a small Coolermaster Elite 130 case.

I was thinking of installing a H55 and flipping the PSU so it works as a case extractor as well.

This all depends if H55 performance is better than the Intel stock cooler though. It needs to keep both the CPU and case cool but also keeping the system very quiet.

Thanks

mjwhelan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011

Not possible to use a hyper 212 evo as my case is mini itx! Cooler has to be low profile to fit in the case

fmydog

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011

Did you end up getting the h55. I am in same dilemma. I am planning my CM 130 build.

mjwhelan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011

I haven't yet bought and installed the h55, but there is plenty of space if you don't mind testing out different positions for parts like ssd's and hdd's! I have had problems with the motherboard so haven't used the PC much yet, saying that I just received the replacement motherboard! When I have used the PC you can hear the intel stock cooler increasing and decreasing in speed all the time, so I will get the h55 if I can't stand the noise!

What I will say though is the case perfectly suits water cooling and it's preferable to have a modular psu. I don't have either but once your finished with the DVD drive etc there's loads of space for the spare cables.