[SOLVED] Corsair H55 watercooler overclocking i7 6700k

M3LL3TT

Honorable
Nov 15, 2016
My Pc is starting to show its age especially my CPU. Looking to overclock it in the very near future and just wondering if its even worth with my budget friendly cooler. Not really interested in spending anymore money on a new cooler as the cost would be eating into upgrading my entire rig. Just wondering if ill even be able to extract much from it without the temps sky rocketing. Currently running at mid 50^c underload with no OC, PC is clean and clear of dust with good ventilation with UK miserable climate.

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

Current specs
i7 6700k
Corsair H55 120mm AIO
Asus Rog Gene viii Mobo
asus rog stix 1070
Corsair 4000d airflow
6x Corsair SP120 (3x intake/3x exhaust)
Corsair TX750M (750W) - power supply
Samsung 970 evo m.2
2x8gb Corsair vengeance ddr4 3000mhz

Solution
People use that cooler on larger power producing cpu than a 6700k so I don't think the cooler is going to be your limiting factor.

Before you start this just be aware that maybe you get 1-2% increase. You will be able to detect in benchmark programs but not so much in real life use.

If this is more something to spend your spare time on you might as well try it. Like all overclocking you keep pushing up the setting until it is unstable or you are getting too much heat.
As long as you monitor everything and use benchmarking software to load test the machine for stability there should be little risk in doing it.
People use that cooler on larger power producing cpu than a 6700k so I don't think the cooler is going to be your limiting factor.

Before you start this just be aware that maybe you get 1-2% increase. You will be able to detect in benchmark programs but not so much in real life use.

If this is more something to spend your spare time on you might as well try it. Like all overclocking you keep pushing up the setting until it is unstable or you are getting too much heat.
As long as you monitor everything and use benchmarking software to load test the machine for stability there should be little risk in doing it.

Solution