Corsair H60 Fan Direction

Nov 7, 2018
I will be installing my Corsair H60 cooling soon and I was wondering about the fan direction. It says in the manual to set it up as an intake but I feel it will be reducing the airflow in my case. Here is a link to the case I have, with the stock fans installed that it came with. I have two fans in the front and one in the rear currently. Rear is outflow as of now and that is where I was planning on installing the H60 fan/radiator.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811517040&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Solution
It could go either way, but for that cooler I think you would be a lot better off installing in in the rear fan location as an exhaust (Your term, outflow, is not accurate. Fans are either intake or exhaust, and are either in push or pull configurations when mounted on a radiator or heatsink) or in one of the top locations as an exhaust and leave the rear exhaust that is there, alone. Installing that unit in the front would likely block you from being able to mount your second fan, perhaps.

Hard to say, Azza case configurations are sometimes kind of weird and don't always agree with what we see standard from other manufacturers. You'll just have to try it and see, but I think a top or rear exhaust mounting would probably be best for...
It could go either way, but for that cooler I think you would be a lot better off installing in in the rear fan location as an exhaust (Your term, outflow, is not accurate. Fans are either intake or exhaust, and are either in push or pull configurations when mounted on a radiator or heatsink) or in one of the top locations as an exhaust and leave the rear exhaust that is there, alone. Installing that unit in the front would likely block you from being able to mount your second fan, perhaps.

Hard to say, Azza case configurations are sometimes kind of weird and don't always agree with what we see standard from other manufacturers. You'll just have to try it and see, but I think a top or rear exhaust mounting would probably be best for that case, with that cooler.

Solution