Corsair h60 overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyesniper

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
I've been using this cooling system for... well about two years now, and have never had any issues...until today. I was running the guild wars 2 beta test, had been doing so for a few hours, and all of a sudden my machine shut itself down. I rebooted, and again it shut down right away. I assumed it was over-heating so I left it alone for a while and started it up, went into the bios and looked up the CPU temp. From start up, it went from 35c quickly climbing over 72c, while simply idling in the bios... I cant even load windows without it over-heating and crashing instantly, any ideas?

Solution
Is the radiator getting warm at all, especially right where the hoses go into the rad? If it is not getting warm, that may be a sign that the pump is not functioning. Check your power to your pump and make sure that you are getting power and see if you can hear the pump running.

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
Are you running like Prime 95 or another background program? When I installed Prime 95 it installed itself to run on booot and began stressing my rig on every boot.

Check the programs and processes that you are running to see it something is running that you don't know about. It could also be a bot or virus (malware) running in the background.

kyesniper

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
Nothing on my system is overclocked at the moment, I was running my CPU at 3.9Ghz for a long time, but I put it back to stock a while ago, when it was overclocked it ran no problem, now its idling at 72c while in the bios lol... just randomly started last night.

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
Is the radiator getting warm at all, especially right where the hoses go into the rad? If it is not getting warm, that may be a sign that the pump is not functioning. Check your power to your pump and make sure that you are getting power and see if you can hear the pump running.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.