Corsair H60, Pump-Speed not adjustable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonesX

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
Hello,
last week I bought the H60 from Corsair, installed it on a Asus-Board H97M-Plus.

The pump is connected to CPU_FAN and according to BIOS and ASUS_Suite3 running all the time at about 4300rpm. Not possible to adjust it. The pump is not noisy but a steady annoying sound and according to the temperatures no need to run at max all the time.

Is there anyway to adjust the speed of the pump? I've tried in BIOS and Asus Suite 3 but no change. I've tried connect the pump to CHA_FAN2 but here the pump is making strange noise.

Afaik the Corsair Software Linked for adjuting things is not usable with a H60. Is it suggested to use lower the Volt, so 6 instead of 12 in order to lower the speed? Would that possible and harmful for the pump?

Any help appreciated

Solution
As mentioned before, the H60 was not designed to be adjustable in terms of pump speed. All of our pumps require 12v of power to operate properly, and if you try to lower the voltage, the pump will potentially fail. I highly recommend reconnecting the pump back to the CPU_FAN header, and set it to full speed in the BIOS. There are built in protection features for motherboards if the pump fails while it's connected to the CPU_FAN, and if it's not connected properly, you may never know the pump failed and cause damage to your other components.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Since H60 doesn't have support for Corsair Link, the pump speed can't be controlled. Only way to control the pump speed is by regulating input voltage it get's from CPU_FAN header. But since H60 wasn't designed with adjustable pump speeds, lowering the pump speed may damage the pump itself.

From here, you can see which Corsair AIOs have support for Corsair Link,
link: http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/cooling
(scroll down a bit or select "CPU COOLERS COMPARED" tab)

JonesX

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
Thank You for that information.
Whether H60 was designed for adjustable pump speed or not, I'm not really sure about it as the only information I find is that the fancy feature with Corsair Link is only for specific coolers available. Adjusting via Bios or Software is still a common way and no information whether this is good for H60 or not.

But on my ASUS H97-M-Plus I found a way to lower the pump-speed to a value I prefer. 3200-3300 is perfect, under 3000 rpm the pump makes noise. As people suggested in another thread I've connected the pump to CHA_FAN2.

The corsair-fan is connected to CPU_FAN but _can't_ be adjusted now. In BIOS, ASUS-Suite3 and SpeedFan things can be changed but have no effect on CPU_FAN. I would connect the fan to CHA_FAN1 but that seems to be NOT configurable as in ASUS-Suite3 nothing can be changed there.

I've checked specifications for my ASUS-Board but no information regarding restrictions on adjusting CHA_FAN1/CHA_FAN2/CPU_FAN.

Corsair Nick

Reputable
Jul 5, 2017
As mentioned before, the H60 was not designed to be adjustable in terms of pump speed. All of our pumps require 12v of power to operate properly, and if you try to lower the voltage, the pump will potentially fail. I highly recommend reconnecting the pump back to the CPU_FAN header, and set it to full speed in the BIOS. There are built in protection features for motherboards if the pump fails while it's connected to the CPU_FAN, and if it's not connected properly, you may never know the pump failed and cause damage to your other components.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.