Question Corsair H75 not cooling

scarface19

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Hello,

I just bought this cpu cooler 2 days ago and once I connected it, the temps went up to 90 degrees in idle mode within 2 mins. I have no idea what I could have done wrong. I just connected the sata to a sata cable , and the other wire to a motherboard header. And obviously i made sure the cooler is tight with the cpu.

However this is my first time to install a liquid cooler so maybe there is something obvious I am missing? Or else I was unlucky to get a dead pump? I made sure the motherboard header is working and as well the sata cable.

Thank you in advance.

DSzymborski

Illustrious
Can you hear/feel the pump moving? Coolers are at their core, very simple devices technologically - if a cooler is physically working (when it has a pump rather than a heat sink, which obviously won't stop working) and is connected properly, then it will cool things unless there's a spec mismatch.

scarface19

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Can you hear/feel the pump moving? Coolers are at their core, very simple devices technologically - if a cooler is physically working (when it has a pump rather than a heat sink, which obviously won't stop working) and is connected properly, then it will cool things unless there's a spec mismatch.

No I couldn't feel anything , then again ... I never felt such a small pump before since its my first time.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS