corsair h75 with s340 elite

NawzadH

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016

I already have the h75 and have used it for over 2 years now and it has worked great so maybe im going to upgrade in a year maybe. Do you know where i should mount the cooler in the s340 elite though?

NawzadH

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016

Theres 1 at the back, 1 at the top and 2 that i will be putting in at the front. I was thinking of putting it at the front but im not sure if that would work.

SuperGiachi123

Reputable
May 27, 2015
If you put it at the front it will act as an intake. This configuration is the best for CPU cooling but dumps the heat into the case. If you put at the top or rear it would act as an exhaust. This configuration will sacrifice a bit of CPU cooling capability(because it'd be sucking air from the case) but won't heat up the air inside(the heat produced by the cpu is exhausted)

NawzadH

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016

If i was to put it at the front of the case should I put the 2 fans on the radiator or just the one?

NawzadH

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016

?

I would put it at the rear for exhaust. Unless you have several GPUs in the case that is putting out a lot of heat and hot air impact on your CPU temps will be minimal, if they are impacted at all. Typically, airflow is restricted most at the front of the case, so you will be restricting airflow more by putting a radiator in front of it and it will be more difficult to get air through the case.

You can run two fans, rather you put the radiator in the front of the case or the back. This is called a push/pull configuration. You have fans on each side of the radiator with one pushing air through the radiator and the other pulling air through the radiator. You may see a few degrees in temperature difference by running push pull, but not a ton.

Quality thermal paste can also have a slight improvement on temps. So if you are trying to squeeze everything out you can, look for Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut. It is the Lexus of thermal paste.

Running push/pull and Kryonaut may result in a 5 degree difference in temps. Not sure if that is worth it to you, but it is about the only way to lower temps with your current setup.