corsair h80i overheating..help me

praveen1996

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2013
I have an amd fx 8350 paired up with hd 7850 2gb oc edition(both are not oc'ed) with corsair h80i and CM elite 310 cabinet.when im playing watch dogs im getting a juicy gameplay at high-ultra setting..but since the cabinet is small.. Im getting lot of heat..my gpu s hitting contant (85-91c) while playing(am i safe)..then then my cpu temp does not exceed 55c..but my cpu socket goes 55-62c..and feeling more hot air on cabinet sides while playing............
my question is the corsair h80i cooler intakes the air into my cabinet (as recommended by corsair).when i replace the air flow as out take for corsair h80i ..(can it solve my heat problem) and doing like this might give any problem to my cpu or water cooler... Please help me!!!

G

I use mine in an exhaust set up. Spent too long removing cat hair when I had it the other way around.
Plus, it totally looks better.

Your temps are fine. 62c is the recommended limit for the 8350, at 70c it will begin throttling (Basically attempting to save itself).

The socket temp really doesn't matter much, since the way AMD calculates temperatures is different to just using a sensor, the die-temp is way off when idle, and accurate under load. Because of this, the socket can be a great way to get a realistic estimate of idle temps (give or take a few degree's).

Under load it's near useless. Usually it will be about 10c higher than the die temp and raises/comes down far more gradually. Ignore it under load.

HOWEVER. Since you haven't recorded stress testing temps (far more demanding than gaming), It's reasonable to believe your current setup isn't great. A 7850, even a really bad/small non-reference design, shouldn't be reaching those temps. GPUs can go higher than CPUs, 80c-90c is usually regarded as the limit. Although, some can go higher (The 290X for example is said to be safe at 95c).

To give you an example. My 7870 is a step higher, same GPU, allbeit with an ASUS cooler, and it never exceeds 60c.

Flip the fans on the H80i, the temps will be a bit higher since it will draw in air from the case, but it's been proven to not affect much at all. Worth it for the less dust/hair benefit.
Move your PC out of a cabinet, give it room to breath. Hot air that goes out has to go where fresh air isn't coming in.

praveen1996

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2013
i tried opening my side panel... the gpu was below 78c.. and cpu temp below 44c and the socket temp below 52c... i enjoyed many hours of gameplay...am i safe..and opening side panel while playing cause my any problem(like dust)???????????