Corsair Hauls Air With Air Series LED Case Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shankovich

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Frigging been waiting forever for them to release a 140mm fan...but the volumetric flow rate is too low for me :(. Guess I'll stick with the spectre pros I have, which are still great by the way.

There is a trade off with higher air flow and that's normally in higher noise. These are made for low noise but decent air flow.

I have been waiting for them to release 140mm versions of these so I can throw them on top of my 500R.

Now they just need to release a H110i and I will be all set.

Duckhunt

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Not good enough. They need LEDs that sense your mood and you get a supply of pills you take every 24 hours and it communicates your temperature and mood and blood pressure. ( sarcasm).

Voted down by all the kiddos I see lol. I will admit that my first build had all sorts of lights, but I very quickly figured out that I would much rather have a nice quiet case with noise dampening on all sides than a window that I literally never look into. On the rare occasion that I do go to a lan party then I always get comments because it is a CM690... damn thing does not need lights to look imposing and impressive (but with an air of professionalism).

Still, let the kids have their fun, they will learn soon enough that case lighting is merely added expense that you almost never look at, never gets you laid, and even your friends will never really appreciate.

For one, I do LEDs because I like the way they look. The 500R looks great with the LED fans they come with. Secondly, I like the idea of sound dampening but a lot of the cases that have it tend to also have worse air flow so I will take a mesh side panel with a nice 200mm fan.

My 500R has 4 120mm fans (2 front, on rear, one on bottom HDD cage for my 2 2TB HDDs), 2 140mm fans (top), a 200mm (side) 2 for the GPU and the CPU fan. Overall the system is extremely quiet unless I push the GPU very hard. The plus side is that it also is very cool running. My house stays around 80f where I have 2 PCs running and my CPU idles at 25-30c.

Plus it looks nice.

As for the CM690, I never liked that case. When I worked at a local PC shop one of the higher end builds used it and I had a few issues with it. Plus I think its ugly overall.

No need to get all offended and cry over the fact that I don't like lights in a case because it makes something modern and amazing look (and often sound) like 1990s trash. You are allowed to like '90s style trash if you want.
My CM690 is a 1980's dream of a black box with 2 silver stripes... what could be better?

All I know is that I am running hotter (i5 vs i7) and faster (R5870 vs GTX570) hardware than you with a similar delta. But because I believe in air conditioning I can run unrealistic burn tests and only have max temps ~88*c while still running all of my fans at their normal silent 800rpm.

.... Something tells me that the gimmicky 200mm fan, and flashy lights are not helping you any when I can do better with an older case and 140mm fans.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
90's style trash hahahah you are funny. That is just your opinion and i can't take your opinion seriously.. 90's style trash lol. Think what you may lighting in a PC to me is amazing, and it makes boring non lighting PC's look like crap to me. Meaning the lighting to me makes something boring look amazing and interesting. I think our two worlds are very much different indeed, but it is your opinion Mr. 90's style trash hahah.. Good one.

Drejeck

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
You get the look, not the performance. Overpriced and not even close to the 5 top world fans.
Want it flashy and sparkling? Go with 4" and 12" neons.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010

Speaking of trash... *neons* there's a lot better options for lighting.

As for the best fans only people with more money than grey matter buy the "5top world fans". For that kind of money your looking at an entry level water cooling loop, or upgrading an existing one to be able to passively cool instead of needing fans.

kungfuryo

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Wow! I have 2 of these fans blowing in on the side of my case. I ran a stress test on my fx-8350 with its stock cooler and my cpu temp didn`t even go above 65*c. i used to have 2 cooler master 120mm fans that these replaced and my temps were around 10* higher. I for one enjoy the soft glow these put out. As far as led fans being a 90`s look. I didn`t know anyone with LED fans in their case. However in the 00`s they were a huge hit. Yet I found them ugly. Mainly because you could only get them in multi colored LEDs. With how far they have come with LEDs. I'm seeing more and more people using them in their rigs. Whether it be on fans, strips, tubes, or heck even neons. I for one want my build to stand out over anything else when I have guests over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS