Corsair HS50 Gaming Headset Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaNerd56

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013
Just got the HS60 version ($10 more at Best Buy) last weekend...and weirdly enough, tested Toccata and Fugue as well as Eminence Front by the Who.

Last night, I ran through a bunch of tunes in my library, including some songs from my band’s CD. All were quite good.

Then, 2 hours of Destiny 2 where I realized my guns sounded MUCH better and the overall sound in the game was much improved over the Logitech gaming headset I threw in the trash.

Note that I have a HUGE head, and the HS60 model...which looks identical to the reviewed HS50 set...fits fine. I wear glasses, so fit was important.

Basically, Corsair has a winner here; I love it.

FormatC

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
The price point is not bad for the results :)

Just testing, what I got and get. For example the latest HyperX Cloud Alpha and a few others are already in the pipeline. The Astro I noted.

I'm sure, that we can extend our tests (or better the translations from Geman) even more, if the resonance from the readers is good enough. At the end the statistics decides, what we test - more or less. ;)

jpe1701

Honorable

I'd like to see the Hyper-x cloud core. I've heard from others subjective experiences that it is good but I'm really looking for a high quality sound not just another gimmicky headset. The soundblasterx h5 looks interesting but I'm playing the long game and comparing results from your reviews to help make the choice. I have a set of Audio Technica ath-500x that I use now with a moov mic but although I don't mind the sound, it doesn't fit well. It is way too big for my head and it slides down if I move too much. I use a turtle beach stealth 350vr for vr but I mentioned that in an earlier comment and you explained the Turtle beach situation. Anyways, thanks again for the good work. I for one read them all because I am in the market.

FormatC

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
The older HyperX Cloud is EOL, they are pushing the Alpha now. Not bad at all and the review(s) will follow. All this headsets are based on Taktstar constructions, it's at the end the same supplier. And BTW, the cheaper Beyerdynamic models are coming also from this supplier and the technic inside is very similar. It's your choice to buy modification A, B or C :D

jpe1701

Honorable

Cool. Thank you, I can't wait to see the options.

FormatC

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
If you really can't wait, please visit also the German .de page. I will publish it first there in German.
But I think, it's better to wait for fast translation and read it here... ;)

Mar 13, 2018
I am curious as to how I could expand the profile for the headset. I didn't buy the version with the USB surround but is there another way to do this?

FormatC

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
If you can't use a good external amplifier together with an equalizer, simply check your sound drivers on your PC for a built-in software equalizer - in any case better than nothing. Each Realtek driver can handle this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.