[SOLVED] Corsair HS60 Headset: Discord and other applications pick up desktop audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2019
When i'm on discord, teamspeak or in a video game's voice chat, everything playing through the headphones can be heard through the mic, I've tried everything at this point, I've disabled stereo mix, uninstalled and reinstalled my realtek drivers, tried different settings, pretty much everything either causes more problems or doesn't work at all, I'm 100% sure it's a software thing at this point because changing where the headset is plugged in or the inline controls doesn't do anything to it, I would greatly appreciate any help or tips to steer me in the right directions cause I've searched dozens of forums for an answer.

Keep in mind I'm using a Corsair HS60 Headset.

Solution
All I can seem to figure is that the USB audio cards are garbage, they must have some cross noise coming through. My brand new headset did the same too.I wonder if I purchased a 4 pole splitter if it would have these issues -- then we could isolate if it's the headset or the usb sound card adapter.

It does seem to be worse if you have "AGC" enabled under custom for the device properties in Window's sound control panel. Not sure what this setting stands for or does exactly, but it seems to up the noise and pickup.

The cross over seems to be dependent on how loud my headphones are set, even with the analog wheel on them. So sometimes I have to put certain audio low so it doesn't fade through to the mic input. This even happens when the...

Lutfij

Titan
Which OS are you working off of? Which version of the OS are you on? You may want to see if the option to listen to this device has been enabled. You might want to reinstall your chipset/USB drivers while the headset is disconnected from the system. Another task you could perform is to uninstall the device from Device Manager(if Windows 10) and see if rebooting the system changes your experience. Are you working with the headset wirelessly or wired?

May 18, 2019
I'm on Windows 10, listen to this device is off, the headset is wired and I just tried uninstalling it from Device Manager and rebooting and nothing has gotten better or worse, when I lower the volume to the point where I could hear footsteps in the other room with the headset on, then it stops, maybe the audio just gets picked up by the mic because its too loud, and I don't have it at 100% volume all the time, I have it probably around 50-60% at all times and I don't want to have to sit in complete silence just to hear my headset, so I really don't have any more ideas of what to do.

Jun 9, 2019
I have the HS50 and I'm having a similar problem. Even when the audio is super low, the mic picks it up. It's really annoying and I'm thinking perhaps it's just bad engineering with this line of headsets from Corsair.

Seems to be a common problem with no solution and everyone saying, "the mic is too sensitive it's just picking up loud audio!" No. That's not the case.

I will have the audio super low, and people I'm in a call with can still hear it. It's ridiculous.

ctsstc

Reputable
Sep 6, 2018
All I can seem to figure is that the USB audio cards are garbage, they must have some cross noise coming through. My brand new headset did the same too.I wonder if I purchased a 4 pole splitter if it would have these issues -- then we could isolate if it's the headset or the usb sound card adapter.

It does seem to be worse if you have "AGC" enabled under custom for the device properties in Window's sound control panel. Not sure what this setting stands for or does exactly, but it seems to up the noise and pickup.

The cross over seems to be dependent on how loud my headphones are set, even with the analog wheel on them. So sometimes I have to put certain audio low so it doesn't fade through to the mic input. This even happens when the mic is muted with the hardware button on the headset.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.