Question Corsair hx1000i 1000 watt damaged

Ronv1011

Commendable
Nov 4, 2020
Hello guys i bought corsair hx1000i 1000 watt psu for my rtx 4080 and when installing the psu it got hit in the top corner right where there is small sign “dangerous volt” something like that i dont remember exactly… ok my psu was working fine with my old rtx 2060 but when my new rtx 4080 arrived i switched to the new rtx 4080 and my pc turned on i saw led on both the motherboard and the gpu but my monitor won’t display anything ( i plugged the monitor into the gpu hdmi) ok so i went on and turned my pc from the psu switch and after that my pc wont boot at all! Nothing at all happends when i start it! No lights no fans spins no nothing! Can it be problem with the psu or maybe some other components got fried or something? I really dont know guys i am lost…

Ralston18

Titan
What do you mean "when installing the psu it got hit in the top corner"?

What happened? Was the PSU dropped, did the PSU land inside the case and hit the motherboard?

Is there visible damage in the top corner?

Photos? You can post photos here via imgur. (www.imgur.com).

This PSU?

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...ly-Modular-ATX-Power-Supplies/p/CP-9020214-NA

Did you use or try to use modular cables from any other PSU? Only use the modular cables that came with the PSU.

More information needed.

Ronv1011

Commendable
Nov 4, 2020
What do you mean "when installing the psu it got hit in the top corner"?

What happened? Was the PSU dropped, did the PSU land inside the case and hit the motherboard?

Is there visible damage in the top corner?

Photos? You can post photos here via imgur. (www.imgur.com).

This PSU?

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...ly-Modular-ATX-Power-Supplies/p/CP-9020214-NA

Did you use or try to use modular cables from any other PSU? Only use the modular cables that came with the PSU.

More information needed.
No, only the cables that came with the new psu. The psu got hit in the case when I rotate the case and he wasn’t screw yet, it didn’t hit nothing..