[SOLVED] Corsair Hydro-series issue

Aug 2, 2020
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this thread, but I couldn't find a troubleshooting section so I'll take my chances!

I've had my current rig for around 2 years now and it's been working great. Recently however the CPU-cooling system have been making this constant vibrating noise and I noticed my core temperatures are in the 90s across the board. I've tried checking all the chassis fans as well as the tubes that run from the CPU area to the radiator, but they're not the source of the sound. I've tried switching the PUMP1 fan mode from PWM to DC, which immediately altered the sound. So far I've tried turning off the computer and laying it on its side for 2 hours ~(to alleviate air bubbles) but this didn't solve the issue. The sound is hard to record apparently, but it's not a water-y sound, if that makes sense, it sounds like a faulty fan-whirring kind of noise.

Are there any other easy steps to make here, or should I consider the possibility of purchasing a new cooling system?

My specs are

MB: Z370 GAMING PLUS (MS-7B61)
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k CPU@ 3.70ghz
Memor Size: 16384 MB
VCore 1.120V
DDR Voltage: 1.200V
BIOS ver: E7B61IMS.110
BIOS Build Date 10/27/2017

Solution
Providing you have checked and cleaned the fans and radiator, run HardwareInfo or look in BIOS and check to see if the pump is working properly. You should be able to see the speed in RPM for the pump. It may well be that the pump impeller is failing.

2 years is a bit early for this type of failure but they do happen.
Providing you have checked and cleaned the fans and radiator, run HardwareInfo or look in BIOS and check to see if the pump is working properly. You should be able to see the speed in RPM for the pump. It may well be that the pump impeller is failing.

2 years is a bit early for this type of failure but they do happen.

Reactions: Juggernaut200
Solution
Aug 2, 2020
I have not cleaned the radiator, perhaps that's an obvious step but I have almost 0 knowledge about water cooling systems, so thanks for the advice! I did check the RPM in BIOS earlier while I was toggling PWM and DC modes. The RPM was 4638 on PWM mode.