Question Corsair iCue 120mm fan won't display colors or change fan speed

Aug 26, 2022
I have the Corsair iCue H150i Elite AIO that came with the 6 unit Commander Core. I had the three identical fans that came with the AIO plugged into it and just got an identical real exhaust. fan. I connected that fan to the Core and it is spinning, but there are no lights and the iCue software doesn't show it. Anyone have any ideas what's wrong?

I have the Corsair iCue H150i Elite AIO that came with the 6 unit Commander Core. I had the three identical fans that came with the AIO plugged into it and just got an identical real exhaust. fan. I connected that fan to the Core and it is spinning, but there are no lights and the iCue software doesn't show it. Anyone have any ideas what's wrong?
You’re sure all of the fans are the same model? Different models must be selected in the software.

Aug 26, 2022
I had to look in the AIO Node and do an auto detect. Seems I did purchase SP fans instead of ML ones like what came with the AIO. Still, I can't get the fans to meet the RPM the site shows them being capable of. At 'Extreme' setting, it's only around 750, half of what it should be able to do.

I had to look in the AIO Node and do an auto detect. Seems I did purchase SP fans instead of ML ones like what came with the AIO. Still, I can't get the fans to meet the RPM the site shows them being capable of. At 'Extreme' setting, it's only around 750, half of what it should be able to do.
Can you separate the fans with SP on a lighting node and ML on a commander core?

Aug 26, 2022
Unfortunately, no. The case came with a Core that handles 6 and the AIO came with one that also handles 6. I have 10 fans total, 7 for the case and 3 for the AIO. One thing I'm not sure of that I have to look into is if I'm using the 4-pin PWM header like Corsair's website says to use top control the fan speed. I'm guessing it's somewhat different from the control through the iCue software but could be completely wrong. Still learning...after building 🤦‍♂️