Review Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix XT Review: No Bursty Fan Behavior

Maebius

Splendid
Feb 17, 2017
These kind of reviews would really benefit from stating what differences these coolers have from even more similarly named models from the same company.
I mean, does this cooler have the same pump as this, but different fans? (their product pages shows different fan values but no info on pump flow)

I'm one of those people that really dislikes lights and screens on every little thing and will always pick the "cheaper" non-rgb but equally performing product.

edit: also, this review is missing the comment button from your page right now

Albert.Thomas

Prominent
Staff member
Aug 10, 2022
These kind of reviews would really benefit from stating what differences these coolers have from even more similarly named models from the same company.
I mean, does this cooler have the same pump as this, but different fans? (their product pages shows different fan values but no info on pump flow)

You don't know how much I sympathize with this

When I did my first Corsair cooler review I was having a hard time finding it's product page because there were so many similarly named models

edit: also, this review is missing the comment button from your page right now

I will let the editorial staff know, thanks for the report!

Maebius

Splendid
Feb 17, 2017
You don't know how much I sympathize with this
When I did my first Corsair cooler review I was having a hard time finding it's product page because there were so many similarly named models
I assume most review items are given to you by the companies?
Since you're the cool(er) guy, maybe you should require such detailed specs in order to fully inform your audience.

For instance, Corsair has 5 dual 120mm AIOs in their page from 99$ to 259$.
The radiator size is the same (well, the 99$ is 2mm short but that could be a typo or just slightly different build).
The fans are not the same.
The 179$ and 259$ models look identical in all aspects besides the LCD display.
So, if all these models have the exact same pump and cooling fluid capacity/flow, well.... you get my point. ;)

Maebius

Splendid
Feb 17, 2017
The LCD versions are the exact same models as the non-LCD versions, just with the fancy display
Yeah, I figured as much and that's what I think will be a nice thing to add to a review.

Meaning something like "we tested this cooler and you can expect the same performance from X and Y models, the one without RGB and the other with an LCD screen".
"Also the Z model has the same pump and radiator (if it does) but slower fans, so you can expect similar performance until the fans start struggling and produce more noise to cool the radiator"